Q. How many sessions do you run each week?
A. If you havenâ€™t already checked out our weekly schedule, we run 30 sessions per week.
Q. How big are your sessions?
A. Most sessions range from 6 â€“ 15 people
Q. Can I just pay for a casual visit at the drop in rate?
A. No. We only offer that to people who are visiting from another licensed affiliate.
Q. Can I get credit or refund for missed group class sessions?
A. No. Your fees are treated as tuition.
Q. What is your hold & cancellation policy for monthly memberships?
A. For more information on membership holds and cancellations, please refer to our Membership Terms page
On engaging in a membership with Adapt CrossFit, or attending a class as a drop-in I will Agree to the following gym rules;
- Be on time â€“ being late is disrespectful and disruptive to both coaches and other athletes. 5 burpees for every minute you are late. Rock up 10 mins late and donâ€™t bother joining the class â€“ itâ€™s too disruptive to other athletes and youâ€™ve missed a key part of the session â€“ youâ€™ll have to wait until the next scheduled class
- When being given instruction, listen, ask questions when queried and prior to commencement of a movement or WOD
- If you do not understand an instruction please ask for more direction immediately.
- As an athlete please feel free to encourage and support other athletes. Please donâ€™t wander off once you are finished your workout â€“ cheer your fellow Adapt athletes on until they are finished too.
- Be prepared to stay for the full hour.
- Do not write on the floor, notepads and whiteboards have been provided for this.
- Ensure you put your weights and equipment away â€“ this includes Open Gym
- Any clothing left on the gym floor will be put in the lost property area, bin or kept by staff.
- Chalk lives in a bucket, not on the floor. Spill the chalk bucket and itâ€™s a 100 burpees
- Know your fellow Crossfitters, giving results to a stranger is weird.
- Have fun and enjoy your training, we train hard but itâ€™s not life or death.
- Count accurately, no one likes a cheat and youâ€™re only cheating yourself. Even though we can be competitive, which is helpful in many ways, we want you to be the best you can be, your biggest competitor is yourself.
- Meet the standard for movements, they are their for a reason and itâ€™s not looks.
- Scale appropriately, we will provide advice, however, ultimately you will need to learn where youâ€™re at.
- Do not bring your ego to the gym or it will more then likely take a beating.
- Keep an accurate record by posting your results to SugarWOD. We cannot give advice on your progression if we donâ€™t know where you started or how youâ€™re going.
- If youâ€™re a sweat monkey, thatâ€™s okay, just mop the floor and wipe/disinfect the equipment when youâ€™re finished.
- Never be negative in our gym, â€œI canâ€™tâ€ & â€œI wonâ€™tâ€ donâ€™t fly here. We know itâ€™s hard, if it was easy you wouldnâ€™t get the results youâ€™re about to.
- Dress code â€“ no skirts or kilts.
Girls: If youâ€™re rocking see through tights or booty shorts please note that every time you pick up a bar you are giving people a show.
Guys: just wear boardies (including underwear) no footy shirts and no kilts â€“ no, seriouslyâ€¦
- Children in the gym: We do not provide a child-minding service. Bring them and youâ€™re responsible for them. Please understand that disruptive kids make it harder for athletes to focus on the direction of a coach and while you as a parent may have the ability to ignore your own children, others do not. Please ensure they stay off the rubber and equipment at any time. This is for their safety.
- Adapt is a pet free gym (even if your dog is really cute â€“ sorry)
- Respect the equipment but donâ€™t baby it: We understand that sometimes dropping the weight is unavoidable. We would much rather have damaged equipment than damaged athletes â€œequipment can be replaced, you canâ€™t!â€. There is a huge difference between safely dumping of the weight and throwing the weight. Throwing a weight from overhead in a busy class is an unsafe practice. Ensure that when you drop the weight, you retrieve the bar quickly. Never drop an unloaded barbell or Kettlebell
- You are responsible for packing up gear as mentioned above, but please make sure nothing gets packed away until the last person has finished training. If youâ€™re all done and someone is still getting through the WOD, head on over and cheer them on. We only pack up once Everyone is finished. (itâ€™s a respect thing)
Please refer to our Membership Terms for information on Fees, Holds and Cancellations
- We reserve the right to kick you out of class if you are a pain in the ass*
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you are a serial pain in the ass* Should it come to this, we will refund you the pro-rate balance on your membership.
** Determination of what constitutes a pain in the ass is at the discretion of the Owner. We are reasonable people, and we would only make this determination if you have driven us to the EDGE