Q. How many sessions do you run each week?
A. If you haven't already checked out our weekly schedule, we run 30 sessions per week.
Q. How big are your sessions?
A. Most sessions range from 6 - 15 people
Q. Can I just pay for a casual visit at the drop in rate?
A. No. We only offer that to people who are visiting from another licensed affiliate.
Q. Can I get credit or refund for missed group class sessions?
A. No. Your fees are treated as tuition.
Q. What is your hold & cancellation policy for monthly memberships?
A. For more information on membership holds and cancellations, please refer to our Membership Terms page
On engaging in a membership with Adapt CrossFit, or attending a class as a drop-in I will Agree to the following gym rules;
- Be on time - being late is disrespectful and disruptive to both coaches and other athletes. 5 burpees for every minute you are late. Rock up 10 mins late and don't bother joining the class - it's too disruptive to other athletes and you've missed a key part of the session - you'll have to wait until the next scheduled class
- When being given instruction, listen, ask questions when queried and prior to commencement of a movement or WOD
- If you do not understand an instruction please ask for more direction immediately.
- As an athlete please feel free to encourage and support other athletes. Please don't wander off once you are finished your workout - cheer your fellow Adapt athletes on until they are finished too.
- Be prepared to stay for the full hour.
- Do not write on the floor, notepads and whiteboards have been provided for this.
- Ensure you put your weights and equipment away - this includes Open Gym
- Any clothing left on the gym floor will be put in the lost property area, bin or kept by staff.
- Chalk lives in a bucket, not on the floor. Spill the chalk bucket and it's a 100 burpees
- Know your fellow Crossfitters, giving results to a stranger is weird.
- Have fun and enjoy your training, we train hard but it's not life or death.
- Count accurately, no one likes a cheat and you're only cheating yourself. Even though we can be competitive, which is helpful in many ways, we want you to be the best you can be, your biggest competitor is yourself.
- Meet the standard for movements, they are their for a reason and it's not looks.
- Scale appropriately, we will provide advice, however, ultimately you will need to learn where you're at.
- Do not bring your ego to the gym or it will more then likely take a beating.
- Keep an accurate record by posting your results to SugarWOD. We cannot give advice on your progression if we don't know where you started or how you're going.
- If you're a sweat monkey, that's okay, just mop the floor and wipe/disinfect the equipment when you're finished.
- Never be negative in our gym, “I can't” & “I won't” don't fly here. We know it's hard, if it was easy you wouldn't get the results you're about to.
- Dress code - no skirts or kilts.
Girls: If you're rocking see through tights or booty shorts please note that every time you pick up a bar you are giving people a show.
Guys: just wear boardies (including underwear) no footy shirts and no kilts - no, seriously…
- Children in the gym: We do not provide a child-minding service. Bring them and you're responsible for them. Please understand that disruptive kids make it harder for athletes to focus on the direction of a coach and while you as a parent may have the ability to ignore your own children, others do not. Please ensure they stay off the rubber and equipment at any time. This is for their safety.
- Adapt is a pet free gym (even if your dog is really cute - sorry)
- Respect the equipment but don't baby it: We understand that sometimes dropping the weight is unavoidable. We would much rather have damaged equipment than damaged athletes “equipment can be replaced, you can't!”. There is a huge difference between safely dumping of the weight and throwing the weight. Throwing a weight from overhead in a busy class is an unsafe practice. Ensure that when you drop the weight, you retrieve the bar quickly. Never drop an unloaded barbell or Kettlebell
- You are responsible for packing up gear as mentioned above, but please make sure nothing gets packed away until the last person has finished training. If you're all done and someone is still getting through the WOD, head on over and cheer them on. We only pack up once Everyone is finished. (it's a respect thing)
Please refer to our Membership Terms for information on Fees, Holds and Cancellations
- We reserve the right to kick you out of class if you are a pain in the ass*
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you are a serial pain in the ass* Should it come to this, we will refund you the pro-rate balance on your membership.
** Determination of what constitutes a pain in the ass is at the discretion of the Owner. We are reasonable people, and we would only make this determination if you have driven us to the EDGE