Strict Press & Deadlifts

Wednesday 21.10.15

Toes to Bar

Toes to Bar

A: strict press 5 x 3 – cleaned from floor (increase load every set)

B: 30RM push-jerk

C: 6 min AMRAP:
5 deadlifts @ 100/70kg
7 T2B
9 box jumps @ 24/20″

then stright into:
90 sec ME lateral bar burpees

Post Loads, rounds, reps and training notes to SugarWOD (on your smartphone) or comments below and please fill out the Athlete Stress & Recovery Survey: http://goo.gl/forms/eKCjCCDBm4

A. Wasn’t too sure where to aim for this so started light and then dropped the bottom part off when I managed better working sets then I expected. 45, 50, 55, 57, 58.
    B. 45kg. Have managed 52 in the past but again wasn’t sure where I was at. And there’s no 2nd attempt at this.
    C. 4 rds + 3 T2B, 27 BP. Really pleased!

A: I love these………… 😉 worked up to 32kg – shoulders are smoked and I struggled at the starting weight!
    B: 25kg – again, shoulders smoked, so I went down in weight as opposed to going up.
    C: 3 rounds and 2 box jumps, then 23 burpees. Each burpee felt like I had a 25 kg weight vest on!!! AWESOME!!! 🙂

A: 25, 30, 31, 32, 33 – probably should have gone to 35
    B: 25kg – this was way too light. Should have been at least 30 (oops)
    C: 4 rounds rx, 23 burpees. I think I’ve lost a bit of DL strength, but happy with this effort 🙂 crazy watching Lex’s super fast box jumps!

• tim says:

A) 50, 55, 60, 65, 70*
    B) 35kg underweight but happy with form
    C) got lapped by KC (no surprise), 20 burpees
    * pulled up sore
    ** Lex impressive with ninja box jumps

Happy to actually be able to do something that everyone else is doing… even if it was only the strict presses. Pleased to get 37.5 and keen to retest my 1RM which is 38

• john parr says:

A: went 40, 50, 55, 60, then got 2 at 65kg

B: did 2 warm up sets of 5, then did the 30 at 50kg

C: went RX and got 5rds 7t2b, and 25 burpees

• Lex says:

A. 27.5 kg. I could barely lift my arms to put my hair up this morning after yesterday’s heavy c&jathon let alone strict press!
    B. Did heavy kb swings due to a bung wrist. Not upset about missing this. Very impressed that Ivan and Kath didn’t even seem tired after their stints though.
    C. 5 + 5 with 55kg DL and knee raises. Nice to feel the box jump love, thanks guys! If only t2b could string together so nicely.. No burpees for me so 8 calories on the bike.