muscle-up technique and a half Nate

Tuesday 22.9.15

Get on to ROMwod after your class today if you've got time - today's WOD only goes for 10 mins #crouchingTiger

Get on to ROMwod after your class today if you’ve got time – today’s WOD only goes for 10 mins #crouchingTiger

A: muscle-up technique

B1: 3x ME ring dips
B2: 3x ME pull-ups (strict)

C: Half Nate

10 min AMRAP:

• 2 muscle-ups // neural pathway dev
  • 4 HSPU // push-ups
  • 8 OH KB swings @ 32/24kg

Post training notes, reps and round to comments and/or BTWB.

Coach B

A: Neural pathways actually started working this morning on this muscle up technique.
    B: I only got 1-2 ring dips and pull ups, so did about 6 rounds all up. Got some good tips for the kipping ring dip, so am looking forward to trying this again.
    C: 5 rounds plus 1 M/U. RX except for M/U tech. This was a tough little workout, but good fun to practice technique for HSPU and M/U.

A. Seemed to go OK, but I always take skin off my wrist doing false grip. Mike loaned me a pair of gloves to try which might make the difference. I hope so – every time I get a couple of muscle ups, I take off so much skin that it’s weeks before I can even try them again. Makes it very hard to consolidate.
    B. 14/10, 10/8, 6/6 (or something like that).
    C. 7 rounds flat with MU technique. Put the rings up a bit higher than in part A. Not sure if that made them easier or harder.

• Brendo says:

A: Good practice to reset and make sure I’m doing things right. Couple of tweaks and good to go.
    B: Had to limit the pull ups this morning – bit of a tear in the right forearm that keeps niggling. Did 10/5, 10/5, and 8/5.
    C: 4 rounds + 1 MU Rx. I’m going to call it – every time there is a workout with muscle-ups in it, there must be St. Elmo’s Fire playing on the mix. If you don’t know it, get on Spotify or otherwise and listen to the lyrics – it’s the perfect middle-aged man gee-up song!

• KJ says:

A: I can never overdo the MU technique. I need to do this over and over and over!
    (Massive bruises on my arms tonight!)
    B: 3 and 3 or 4
    C: 8 rounds or something. The kettle bell swings at 24kg was tough. Worked with Amelia – and she did an amazing job on all 3 movements. It’s so cool to see another member get better and better 🙂 🙂

A: feel like I got false grip right for the first time! Yay!

B: lost a bit of strength on both of these. Used red and yellow band for pull ups and jumping ring dips….need a lot of work.

C: did MU tech and the rest RX. Struggled with the KB though which is unusual for me….HSPU were easier than expected after so long off. Got 4 rounds plus 3 KBS.

A: Always good to break down the movement and work on technique!
    B: Average of 5 for each movement each round
    C: MUs are a bit rusty. Managed one round rx before my wrists ripped (I know how you feel Ivan!), then not sure how many I did with MU tech.
    Ended the sesh with some good stretching, thanks Becca 🙂