Chipper

Thursday 3.09.15

Adapt merch

We have a few hoodie and tee samples in the gym this week. If you are unsure of your size, come in and try one on – just make sure you do this before you train 🙂

Chipper

800m run
80 KB Swings 24/16kg (russian)
60 wall balls 9/6kg
40 burpees
20 alternating DB Snatch (20-30/10-15kg)
10 forward rolls
20 alternating DB Snatch (20-30/10-15kg)
40 burpees
60 wall balls 9/6kg
80 KB Swings 24/16kg (russian)
800m run

Post times to comments. Make sure you tackle this one by just thinking about the set you are doing. eg. “I’m on 18 wall balls, so let’s get to 25”. Chip away at the reps…

Becca

• KJ says:

Wowzer. Good chipper.
    Not very often I can say that the run was the ‘rest’ part for me.
    Walls balls were the mental challenge – thank you Becca for talking me through it. Think I did it in about 36 something. Good to have Mike, as always, to set a pace. Think I will struggle by 2pm at work today!

• Lex says:

I always really struggle mentally with chippers. I went in to todays accepting that I probably wouldn’t finish and figured I would just plod through waiting for the timer to go off. Knowing I had lots of other sport tonight also made it easy to justify some bludging. When the timer went I had 40 KBs left plus the run, but I figured ‘what’s a few more minutes to actually finish it for once’. Ended around 45/46 minutes. Not a phenomenal time but a bit of a mental win. Big thanks to bec for keeping me going and shout out to Karen who is smashing the wods this week.

So even though this felt miserable doing it, and I have felt smashed all day since, I actually enjoyed this workout.

Swapped KB swings to Sit Ups and Jump rope. and used a 6kg wall ball.
    Got to 3 Cal on the Air Dyne.

Well that was tough….
    Completed in 42:37. Was going to stop when buzzer went, but Ollie kept going, so I decided to continue. Sucked to do the row and airdyne though. I wish we could have done the run.. Might have been able to get it done in under time cap!
    The problem with a chipper is that I stuff around a little… and I think that slowed me down!
    Good start to the day though

• Coach B says:

Anthony popped in for a coffee around lunchtime and I conned him into doing it with me. Subbed out burpees for inverted burpees (more like deck squats with a jump) and absolutely died on the second set of wall balls. It was raining so we rowed. 32:47

• Jacquie Welsh says:

Great workout – thanks Bec!
    Thanks to Sharon for the support on second set of Burpees ! 😉