Thrusters and Deadlifts

2 deadlifts @ 100 / 70kg + 2 HSPUs
4 deadlifts + 4 HSPUs
6 + 6 etc

FF version:
deadlifts @ 70 / 45kg
Push ups instead of HSPUs

Before you leave spend 2 minutes doing T2B or knee raises as strict as possible to release the lower back.

Post loads and reps to comments.

Becca

A Subbed strict press due to my knee, thought I was doing awesome until I realised I had counted wrong… ended up getting to 36kgs, 1kg under my 1RM.
    B. Stopped at 70kgs due to my knee
    C. Went rx weight but push ups, focussed on lowering myself slow and straight on push ups, just finished my round of 10’s but the last 5 push ups were a bit wormy!

A. 60, 70, 80, 82.5, 85 fail, 85. Not much more there.
    B. 120,130,140, 147.5kg. 2.5kg up on last week. I feel like I could do a few more kg, but happy to keep something in reserve and protect the back.
    C. 10DL + 6 HSPU. I felt like I was going a little easy, but then my arms were fatiguing so I’m not sure I’d have gotten much further anyway. I had convinced myself that 100kg DL would be light after doing a triple at 147.5. Turns out I was wrong.

Still taking it easy due to health. But awesome to be back.
    A) 52 – 65.5
    B) just worked at 92. Trying to work on form and keeping back straight and trying to lift with my legs and not put pressure on lower back.
    C) FF option. Finished the round of 12.

A: 57.5 PR – happy with this even though it is one s*&t of a movement!!!
    B: 110kg – thanks Chris for pushing me to a PR on this.
    C: RX – no idea what round I got to, because my back went all wuse on me at the round of 6 or 8 so I had to sub for T2B.
    Good morning!

• tim says:

A) 80,82.5,85,90, failed 95*
    B) 140 (couldn’t keep up with the superpowers of Ivan&Mike)
    C) 2 deadlifts in round of 10 RxF (100kg+PU)
    *Becca’s stretches really making a difference on these

• Elaine says:

A: 30, 35, 37.5, 40, 45 – yipeeee new PB
    B: did this at 80kgs
    C RXed got to 7/10 deadlifts

• Brendo says:

A: 55, 60, 65, 70, 75 and one failed at 77.5. Pretty happy with this.
    B: 120kg. 125 was just a bit beyond me this morning.
    C: 4/10 DLs Rx. I was doing my HSPUs blindfolded as my shirt kept insisting on coming up and covering my face. Does this count as Rx+?

• Sarah Cav says:

A: Worked up to 52.5. No bingo on 55.0
    B: 90. Less than last week.
    C: round of tens.
    I spent this whole session sooking about my sore hands. That’s my excuse for getting numbers less than last week and dawdling in the wod.

• Lex says:

A. Not a thrusterey kind of night for me. Despite getting 42.5 in the sets of three last week, I could barely push out a single at that tonight. Packed it in, settled on a cruisy night instead and brought it back to 35
    B. 80kg, lighter than last week
    C. 9 deads in the set of 12 with 70kg deals and 10kg dbs. V cruisy pace

• john parr says:

A: went 70, 80, 85, 91, and 92.5kg. Felt good about that because 90kg had been my PR since judgment day last year

B: worked to 140kg. I wanted to leave a bit in the tank for the WOD