What do you bench bro…?

Monday 17.8.15

Ben Sm

Another delve into the Crossfit Journal, this time for an article on Ben Smith and his road to success in this years Games.

A. Bench Press 1-1-1-1-1

• 16 minutes and increase load each set

B. Strict Ring Dips and Pull Us (10 minutes)

• 3 x 10/6 Strict Ring Dips
  • 3 x 10/6 Pull Ups

C. 8 minute AMRAP:

• 10 T2B
  • 20 Pistols (alternating)
  • 30 OH KB Swings @ 24/16kg

FF Version:

• 10 Knee Raises
  • 30 Air Squats
  • 30 OH KB Swings w/appropriate weight

Post weight and times to comments

Sharing is Caring ;)

A. Happy to work up to my 1RM of 50kgs again, looking forward to trying heavier next time
    B. Ring rows and push up work
    C. Subbed slam balls for squats, got to 8 swings on my second round.

So good to be back in the gym. I have to take it easy for the next week or so, but awesome to be back and moving.
    A) 70kg. working set.
    B) Did push up and ring rows.
    C) 2 Rounds and 20 Squats of the FF version of workout. Worked with a 16kg KB.

• Lex says:

A. Worked up to 40kg which is a new 1RM. Winter strength program for the win! Failed 41, but next time…. Props to Nikki who also PRd today.
    B. yellow band 5-4-4-3 and just worked on pushups making sure elbows are in the right place
    C. 2 rounds plus 18 KB at 12kg.

• Nikki says:

A: New PR at 48.5kgs, which I was happily surprised about because I’ve been off sick for over a week! 🙂
    B: Ring rows and push ups
    C: 2 rounds and 5 squats FF (16kg KB)

• Brendo says:

ANSWER: The 3rd quarter. But enough of my failed years as an Aussie Rules footballer, on to the workout.

A: 70, 80, 85, 90, and 91.53614. There was 92.5 on the bar, but I think I may have gotten just a little bit of help from the spotter.
    B: Managed 3×10 unbroken on the ring rows, and 10, 7+2+1, 5+1+1+1+1+1 on the pullups.
    C: This is where the lack of sleep from last night kicked in. 1 round + 1 KB swing.

A: Well I got 50kg which is a PR – but then I was brought right back down to earth finding out what Jamie benches….. bro!!!
    B: I was getting sets of two…. then I just did singles and ring dips just stopped…..
    C: 2 rounds and 20 squats (FF).

• john parr says:

A: went 80, 85, 90, 91, then 93.5, but 93.5 didn’t happen, but that didn’t overly matter to me, because 91kg was a PR

B: did 10’s, not unbroken, but still dud 10’s