Bench Press and Marco

Wednesday 12.08.15

Adapt merch

Pre order Adapt merch @ shop.adaptcrossfit.com

A: bench press – 5×3 @ 75-80%

B1: 3×10 strict ring dips
B2: 3×10 strict pull-ups (6-8 for the ladies)

C: Marco
3 rounds for time:
21 pull-ups
15 HSPU
9 thrusters @ 60/40kg

Post loads and times to comments.

A. 80kg. Seemed OK I suppose. Until I looked up and saw Mike and Tim doing 100kg. Show offs.
    B1 and 2. First set of each unbroken, then sets of 5, then who knows, but I got there.
    C. 2 rds + 11 pull ups. I found the thrusters hardest, but failed more on the HSPU. Strangely, the didn’t feel “hard” but I just didn’t have the power there to lock out a few times. Almost relieved not to get to the 3rd round of them.

• tim says:

A) 100kg happy with this after yesterdays chest destruction
    B) Had to do pull ups 3 at a time. Orange band for dips
    C) 2 rds + 8 pull ups (thrusters @ 60kg, push press 20kg dumbell)
    Highlight of the day was ogling handsome Mike’s buff shoulders demoing dumbbell push press

A: 40, 45, 45 (failed 3rd rep), 42.5. So much work to do here.
    B: 5 reps for each movement
    C: Close to finishing – wish I’d kept going after the buzzer to finish it off. 2 rds + 9 HSPUs with 40kg thrusters.
    My arms were very shaky trying to put my makeup on for work 🙂

A. 32.5kg x 1, 34.5kg x 4. Felt a lot more comfortable benching today.
    B1&2: Ring rows and push ups. I found the push ups really hard and only got 6 done per round.
    C. Yay – I finished the FF version. 11.48 with ring rows, 10kg DB push press and 25kg thrusters. Even with all the scaling I was only expecting to get 2 rounds done and surprised myself. Should have gone heavier with the thrusters.

• Elaine says:

A: 35kgs – 75% and very manageable
    B1: 6,4,4 – tough
    B2: 6,6,6 – three pronate and the rest switch grip
    C: @25kgs got to 12 HSPUs

• KJ says:

A: mucked around with weight here. Found that 57.5kg would be a good working weight for 5×3.
    Did 45,55,60,60, 55.
    B: sets of 2 for RDs
    Sets of 3 for strict. Craig got me holding the texta between my feet to keep my legs together!
    C: 12.30..(ish) still had 3 thrusters to finish after the buzzer. Arms were fatigued…so HSPU were not as speedy as usual. And I def need to work on getting more than 3-5 chin ups at a time!
    Worked with Tahni and Amelia (who has become even more amazing whilst Tahni and I have been globe trotting for the last few months!)

• Lex says:

A. 35kg for all five. This was my 1RM back when we did the football total so that’s exciting.
    B. 5-4-4 on the yellow band for pull ups, and 4-4-3 full pushups. Fun night
    C. 10:39 with 25kg and 8kg dumbells. Should have used 10s. must quit being a pansy and not backing myself.?