Squats, Accessories and a benchmark

Monday 10.8.15

Sugar PDF CF Main

Interesting article on the Crossfit Journal site regarding warning labels on soda in San Francisco and the battle with sugar which is being highlighted again by film documentaries such as ‘That Sugar Film

A. Back Squats

• 5 x 3 @ 75-80% of your 1RM

B. Accessories

• 3 x 8 Good Mornings
  • 3 x 10 Alternating Barbell Step Ups onto box
    • Back Rack
    • 5 each side alternating
    • Heavier than last week

C1. Benchmark: Annie

• 50-40-30-20-10
  • Double Unders
  • Sit Ups

then straight out the door….

C2. 800m Run For Time

• tim says:

A) 120×4, 130
    B) 50kg, 35kg (tried 45kg but couldn’t maintain form)
    C) 10:03 + 2 laps @ ?
    Great to see Coach Craig again

A. 112kg. Based on 80% of my aspirational 1RM, which I’ll get sometime soon of course.
    B. 50kg GMs, 45kg step ups. Only went up on the step ups by 5kg on last week, but it was really noticeable. I’m sure these are something I needed.
    C1. 7:29. A minute off my best time. Really felt the fatigue in the abs.
    C2. 3:50 Waaaaayyyyyyy off my best time.

• Brendo says:

A: 90kg x 5 x 3 = 1350kg. Sounds much better when I say it like that.
    B1 and B2: 42kg. Didn’t do these last week and this felt like a good start.
    C1: 9:27. I remember having my soul crushed by this one last time because my DUs were rubbish and weren’t working at all so I’m pretty happy to post a time.
    C2: Felt like about 3:30. Remembering this morning that when I was 11, my 800m time was 2:29 – can I still count that?

A. 55kg (75%) felt good.
    B. 25kg GM and 15kg step ups.
    C1. 14 mins with singles. Sit ups got so hard. Was fun though and good to see Sarah and Ivan smash it out so quickly.

• Sarah Cav says:

A. 53kg
    B. 30 and 20kg. Didn’t go up in weight for the step ups. Next week.
    C. 7’13”
    Run – 3’40” good to be doing some needed work on running lately

A: 70kg
    B1 & B2 at 25kg. Worked up a sweat on this
    C: 7:18 PR (which surprised me as I have been out for 10 days and boozed up over the weekend, so happy with this.
    Then about 3:45. Felt like 8km not 800.
    Nice to be back! Bugger I missed you this morning Craig.

A: 65, 65, 65, 70, 70 – should have done 70 for all sets
    B: Good mornings load my back, so dropped to empty bar. 25kg step ups
    C: 7:00 for Annie (I have no idea how people move so much faster than this). Run felt way harder than it should have – i think it was 4mins-ish.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

140kg
    60kg good morning & 40 kg step ups
    5:04 – 7:57

• Lex says:

A. 50, 55, 55, 57.5, 57.5
    B. 20kg for both, not heavier than last week, legs were too angry after a weekend at the snow
    C. 9.50rx! My first ever of the benchmarks completed rx, just chuffed. Run was less fun, 4:15.

• Elaine says:

Still slowly making my way back. Would give my sleep quality a 6/10.
    A: 45kgs – 70% of my 1 RM – felt heavy enough.
    B: 25kgs for the good mornings and a 16 inch box plus 15kg bar for the step ups (did not do last week).
    C:10:06 happy to get close to the cap. Some of my DU sets were quiet smooth. All up pretty happy with how this went considering how I felt.