Heavy Thrusters & a Speedy WOD

Monday 3.08.15

Zac grinding away on the Concept 2.

Zac grinding away on the Concept 2.

A: thrusters 5 x 5 @ 65-70%

B: 10 mins to est. heavy triple deadlift – TnG

C:
buy in: 50 double-unders – then;
4 rounds of:
10 wall balls @ 9/6kg
10 sit ups
10 OH KB Swings @ 24/16kg
cash out: 10 burpees

Post loads and times to comments.

A: 40, 40, 40, 40, 42 (70%) definitely more in the tank
    B: 85kg
    C: 6:12 rx
    Great way to start the day! Thanks Becca

• Lex says:

A. 27.5, 30, 32.5, 32.5, 32.5
    B. 85kg
    C: Was not speedy enough this morning, made it to the burpees at 8:00. Did go Rx though which is new.

A. Worked with Mike which prevented me being as soft as I might otherwise have been (but I still used my 50kg set as one of the working sets). 50, 55, 60 x 3.
    B. Again, with Mike and Tim W I couldn’t wimp out. 120, 130, 140kg.
    C. 6:33 RX. Had been keeping pace with Kathleen until the bit when she looked up at the end of 3 rds and said “We’ve got another one don’t we?”. Damn, I’d forgotten about that. So, with spirit broken I had a breather before the last set of wall balls. The highlight of this for me was managing 50 DU unbroken.
    After a couple of days off sick at the end of last week, I really enjoyed this. Left feeling refreshed.

• tim says:

A) 50kg**
    B) 140kg trying to keep up with Ivan and Mick
    C) 6:49* (singles)
    * My kind of workout: fast, sweaty and plenty of balls in the face
    ** BIG thanks to Becca, I struggle with the mobility to do thrusters properly but she gave me some great tips. Still not pretty but 5th set was probably the smoothest I’ve ever moved

A. 30 kg
    B. 90 kg
    C. 2 rnds. I usually love this type of workout but everything felt heavy after being off sick for a couple of weeks.

• KJ says:

A: 35, 35, 45, 45, 50kg
    B: 3 x 100kg
    Worked with Bianca who exceeded her expectations by more than 20kgs! So good to see!
    C: 5.34 mins. Wow. My mind wanted me to move faster – but after 6 weeks off – my body is still in holiday mode. I have lost my Crossfit mojo a little….but seeing all of the 5pm crew tonight helped to get a large chunk of it back. Love our box.