Roxanne

Monday 27.07.15

Hoodies & Tees will be up for sale this week.

Hoodies & Tees will be up for sale in the next 24 hrs!

A: power clean – work up to a max in 12 mins

B: “Roxanne”

C: partner WOD
6 min AMRAP:
10 OH KB swings @ 24/16kg
10 anchored sit ups; then straight away –
4 mins to est. max clean & jerk
ONLY 2 attempts for each person.

Post lifts, rounds and notes to comments.

• Emma says:

A. Got 50 kg easily, failed 52.5 twice. Should have got it.
    B. 30kg, this was fun, something different
    C. 6 rounds + 10 kb swings between Bron and I. 16 kg KB. Then 50 kg clean and jerk.

A: 67.5kg, failed 70kg. Next time.
    B: Worked at 45kg – missed maybe two or so reps, partly because I was tired, partly because I couldn’t hear the music, and partly because I don’t know the song well enough. 😛
    C: Sarah and I got 8 rounds + 9 KB swings. Anchored sit ups are great! I got 60kg for the C&J.

A. 95kg (probably a clean rather than power clean) and failed 100kg twice. Still taking it as a positive that of late I can approach 90 with reasonable confidence that I’ll get it.
    B. Missed a couple of Roxannes in the noise of all the bars so probably did about 24/26. This doesn’t help me like Sting’s voice any more than I did before.
    C. Worked with Tim A for 8 rds + 8 sit ups (Tim swears he’d have got it in time if I hadn’t let go of his feet – my bad). Then we both succeeded at 80 and 90kg.

A: 65kg – should have tried 70kg, but it is de-load week and I am stuffed!!
    B: 45kg – I used to like Roxanne….. I do not anymore….
    C: worked with Zoe, we got 8 rounds, then 55kg and 60kg. Good morning!!!!

A) Only worked to 70kg. And then scaled back to 50kg and worked on power cleans from position 1. Trying to fix my bad form…
    B) 45kg for Roxanne and did Roxanne from position 1. Working on form and hook grip.
    C) Worked with Brendo. 8 rounds.
    D) Only 70kg.

• Brendo says:

A: Casually busted out a PR of 90kg for this one. 87.5 went up easy with just a bit of a grunt, 90 took a bit more, but focused on accelerating the bar all the way up and it just came together. So much for de-load week!
    B: Had heard a couple of other Police tracks during warm-up, so was kinda hoping that “Message in a Bottle” would have been played which, from memory, has no “Roxanne”s in it. Would have been nice to just listen to some music after a PR. Instead did 24 or 25 PCs at 55kg.
    C1: 8 rounds with Ray
    C2: 75 ugly, dirty kilograms. Need to work on that split jerk…

Super excited to be able to do everything on the board today RX, no subbing for my dodgy knee!!! (musta made Coach happy too!)
    A. 50kgs
    B 30kgs
    C. worked with Polly we were on our 8th round, then she did 45kgs and I did 50kgs.

• Sarah Cav says:

A: 57.5, messily
    B: 35kg
    C: worked with Kathleen, as above
    D: 50 and 55kg. Had some psychological blockages on the Cleans today.

• tim says:

A) 100kg
    B) 60kg sure I missed 1 or 2 in the clang of barbells
    C 1) Worked with Jason and we got lots and lots of rounds.
    C 2) 95kg – manage 2 sweet deadlifts and 0 cleans

A: got 60kg easy, went straight up to 67kg because I have got 65kg the past 2 weeks. Failed it twice, bad fails too, had the bar on my shoulders, was just not in the right headspace.

B: worked at 45kg, think I missed 4 or so at the end because my clips came undone and my plates were about to fall off!

C: worked with Sarah…8 rds plus 9 KB swings then Sarah got 35kg and I was able to get 55kg