Yesterday we went long – today we go heavy…

Wednesday 22.7.15

If you haven’t already watched it or don’t quite understand what the CrossFit Games is all about – check this out…

A: power clean – work up max in 12 mins (heavier than last week)

B: 8 min EMOM:

• 4 tng power clean @ 70% of A

C: Chipper (16 min cap / 2 waves)

• 20 Front Squats @ 90kg / 65kg – must be cleaned from floor / no racks!
  • 30 Box Jumps 30 / 24 “
  • 40 OH KB Swings @ 24 / 16kg
  • 50 Wall balls @ 9 / 6kg

FF Version:

• 20 Front Squats @ 70% of 1RM – just go heavy
  • 30 Box Jumps – go higher
  • 40 OH KB Swings – heavier than usual
  • 50 Wall Balls – plan A: try and break down into sets of 10 // plan B: sets of 5

Post loads and times to comments or BTWB

Big shout out to Ewen for smashing yesterday’s WOD in 11:30 RX’d! and Jess G for rearranging the girls 2km row time (8:04)

Coach B

• tim says:

11:30 RX for yesterdays WOD ?!? – Holy crap that man is good

• tim says:

A) 100kg felt good – 105 couldn’t even get to my waist
    B) 72kg – but in 2 rounds missed the 4th clean
    C) 15:?? Rx – this was the hardest I’ve ever pushed myself at Adapt
    Partnered with Pete always lifts my game.
    Big shout out to Ben who amped me up/calmed me down/encouraged me at exactly the right time, wouldn’t have made it otherwise.

• Lex says:

A: Did 45kg, felt better than it has in the past. Failed 47.5kg more times than I should have. Close but no cigar. Must remember to go low instead of wide.
    B. 35kg.
    C. Thought I could do Rx until I realised there were no racks. Dang! Instead did 40kg squats, 24″ box jumps, 16kg OHS and 6kg wall balls. Finished in 13:09.

A. 90kg. Failed 100kg twice. Partly physical, largely psychological.
    B. 65kg. Dropped it once – started to fatigue by about 4th round.
    C. 14:09? 80kg squats – slightly under 70% of 1RM but couldn’t have cleaned any heavier by this stage.

• Sarah Cav says:

A: 55kg, 2.5kg less than last week. Didn’t quite feel it for a PB
    B: 45kg. Enjoying the 3 and 4rep stuff. Feels good to see how you manage stringing a few together with a bit more speed.
    C:9’21” @ 45kg for front squats. Enjoyed this.

nice work Ewan and Jess

• Emma says:

A. Hit 50 kgs, not pretty though.
    B. Did 25 kgs which is not 70% but it worked with Ali.
    C. 14.00 – 45kgs, small box jumps, 16kg kb and 6kg wall ball. I think I need to do 20 box jumps every day to get over my dislike /fear of them!

A good workout – hard, but I like chippers.

A) 70kg 🙁 Need to really practice/work on power cleans.
    B) 50kg – No issues here.
    C) Finished on the buzzer – 75kg Front Squats and 20″ Box. – Stupid Wall balls..

A: 65kg. Ran out of time to go heavier. Would like to give 70kg a crack.
    B: 46kg. Thumbs were sore by the end from hook grip!
    C: Wow. Finished in 15 minutes with 55kg front squats. The squats were the worst by far – 70% of my 1rm which I’m sure I wouldn’t hit at the moment. Thanks to Tarryn for your support!

That’s ok! Thanks for your support through the front squats….would have taken me so much longer!

A: 65kg again, was pretty messy though!

B: 46kg. Felt good! Love power cleans!

C: I am with Kathleen on this one, the front squats were awful! Step ups instead of box jumps and squats at 55kg. Was going to do 50kg which is 70% but Becca convinced me to do 55kg (78%). By convinced I mean told me to do it haha. Finished 15:35, was very surprised to actually finish, I thought before I started that there was no way I would get through the wall balls.