Strict Press Singles, 30 RM Push Jerk & Partner FUN

Monday 20.07.15

The CF Games start this week. YAY!!!

The CF Games start this week. YAY!!!

A: Strict Press Singles

“5 Heavy Singles Increasing Load Across the 5 Sets”

• 1-1-1-1-1

B: 30 RM Push Jerk

**Goal is to simple increase your weight on last week, if this is your first week attempting the 30 reps GOOD LUCK!

C: Partner METCON

6min AMRAP

• 10 Wall Ball
  • 10 T2B, Knee Raises, Sit Ups

–then– 4 min to establish a 4RM Hang Snatch

• Note only 2 attempts each, if you fail that is 1 attempt gone

Post Loads, Reps & Rounds to comment section below

A: 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 36 (failed 37.5kg – max is 40kg). Awesome to see Becca hit a new PR!
    B: 30kg again. This set felt the best by far. Will up the weights next week.
    C: Becca and I almost got 5 rounds (5 T2B left). I got 35kg for the snatch.

• Nikki says:

A: 25,30,32.5, 35, 37.5 and failed 38.5 (37.5kgs is a new PR by 2.5 kgs, yay)
    B: 30kgs
    C: Worked with Pauline, we got 3 rounds plus 8 T2B – 30kg for the snatch- was not very pretty by the last one.

A. 62, failed 67, 64.5, 67 (new PB), failed 68.
    B. 52kg. Jumped up by 12kg from last week. Not surprisingly, this was a challenge. I stupidly said on here last week that if Ray had a go at 50kg, then I would too. Damn him – he did. And then there we were with the G2 bar, so there you go.
    C. Worked with Mike. 6 rounds neat, 60 and 70kg for Mike, 50 and 60kg for me. I’m happy to say that I got them locked out overhead, but I’d concede that they were more snatch-press than pure snatch.

A) 60kg, 61kg, 62kg, 63kg, 64kg. 1RM is 65kg.
    B) 50kg on the 30rm. – Next time I will conservatively say 55kg. 🙂 (is that reasonable Ivan? )
    C) Worked with Jamie. Sit Ups instead of T2B for me.
    We completed 6 Rounds and 10 Wallballs and 2 Situps.
    D) 50kg 4rm snatch for me. 70kg for Jamie.

I’m hoping there’s no next time Ray. Then I’d have to do 55kg too. And I’m not sure that I can.

• Brendo says:

A: 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 60kg, 65kg (failed), 62.5kg (failed)
    B: 40kg. Found this even tougher than the 40kg 30RM last Wednesday.
    C: Mark and I got through 5 rounds + 20 wall balls. Snatch for me was 50kg.

• Sarah Cav says:

Getting back into the habit of registering for classes and commenting on WOD.

A: 25, 30, 35, 37.5(f), 36kg
    B:30kg, I was literally thinking about all the gelato I ate in Sydney on the weekend and it got me through unbroken so will attempt 35 next week.
    C: Karen and I got just under five rounds.
    35kg power snatch. I was unsure what I would be able to lift with a bit of huff puff going on and whinging on the inside that I wouldn’t be able to work up through the weights, But I loved this- no tinge to think, you’ve just gotta lift!

• David N says:

A. 40, 45, 50 , 55, 57.5, 59.5kg (new 1RM)

B. 35kg, very slow on the last 5

C1: Matt and I got 5 rounds plus some Wall Balls then

C2. I got to 42.5kg with full hang snatches.

A: 30, 32.5, 35, 37 (f), 36. 36 is a 1kg pb.

B: 30kg, same weight as last week. Was going to add 1kg but this one kills me mentally so a wussed out.

C: worked with Jaqui which is always fun! We got 4 rounds plus Jaq got an extra 10 wall balls. Jaq got 35kg 4rm, I got 40kg (which totally surprised me!)

• Lex says:

A. 25, 27.5, 30, 32.5, failed 33.5
    B. In the name of doing more than last week I added a kilo to make it 23.5. Last 6 were super ugly.
    C. Lorilee aka wall ball queen and I did 8 rounds plus 6 WB, blue WB plus knee raises. Good fun.

• Amelia says: