30RM Push Jerk & A Partner METCON

Friday 10.7.15

A: Strict Press 5×5 @60-70% of 1RM

B: 30RM Push Jerk

C: “Partner Metcon”

In 10 minutes complete

• 60 Overhead KB Swings @24/16kg
  • 60 T2B/Knee Raises/Sit Ups (2 Sit Ups = 1 T2B)
  • 60 Overhead Barbell Lunge Steps @20/15kg

–Then– 5 minutes of

• Max Double Unders
  • Plank Hold

**Double Unders can only be completed when a plank is being held.

Post loads, reps and times to comment section below.

• Emma says:

A. 25kg
    B. 22.5 kg
    C. worked with Lexi. Fun workout. I did 16kg KB, sit ups and 8kg bar for lunges.

• Lex says:

A. a couple at 22.5kg, then three at 25kg, but only managed to get through 3 in the last set.
    B. 20kg
    C. This one was fun. 12kg for KB swings, knee raises, then 15kg lunges. Think Emma and I did around 170 for the DUs.

A. 2 sets at 45kg, then 3 sets at 50kg. I feel pretty good about that (if I ignore the fact that Mike did them all at 60kg).
    B. 35kg. Felt pretty easy until about the 20th rep, then started to go pear shaped. But a good reminder to actually do jerks, not push presses.
    C. Worked with Tim A. Knocked over the first bit in somewhere around 7:30 so had a reasonable rest. Tim’s better at planks, so he did 3 x 1 min, I did 2. I did DU and (I think) Tim did singles, for our total of 303.

Worked with Brendo today.
    A) 52kg (no not with the 22kg bar)
    B) 30kg, should probably go heavier next time. – Though I knew all about this after rep 25..
    C) Finished 8:30. With me only subbing the sit-ups.
    D) 110 Reps for Brendo and I. I was managing to consistently string 4-5 double-unders together. So happy with that.

A: 30kg (75% ish, oops)
    B: 30kg this was rough. Failed what should have been the last rep cos my arms gave out.
    C: Kristy and I finished with around 2mins to spare, then got 269 DUs.
    My arms are tired now

A: 25kg, felt pretty easy!

B: 27.5kg, did first 15 reps unbroken, then was in pain by rep 20….Amelia warned me that resting actually hurt more, and I agree. Much better to suck it up and get it done.

C: worked with Amelia and Nicole…we finished the first lot with around a minute to go. Then Amelia and Nicole did all the double unders while I switched between bike and plank. Fun night!