Power Cleans and a huffy puffy WOD

Monday 6.7.15

Craig, workshops

Snatch, Jerk and Clean workshops are now live in Mindbody for the 19th and 26th July, there is also a podcast released to find out more, or you can hit me up in the gym (Craig). BOOK IN NOW!!

A: 12 mins to hit a max Power Clean

B: 8 minute EMOM of

• 2 Touch N Go Power Cleans @ 70% of A

C: For time (12 minute cap):

• 400m run buy in then

4 rounds of the following

• 30 Air Squats
  • 15 Burpees
  • 30 Double Unders
  • 400m buy out

Post weights and times to the comments section

• Brendo says:

A: Hit 85kg and it felt pretty good. Craig gave me a self-belief gee-up and told me just to rip the bloody thing off the floor. And what do you know, it worked! 90kg is there, I know it.
    B: 60kg. Physically easy enough, but I was having some trouble focussing the head for a couple of the rounds.
    C: Almost! Got to the double unders in round 4. They are still my weak point – could have finished this otherwise. Shopping list: +1 rope.

A. 2 @ 90kg. One of which Craig alleges was a full clean. Either way I’m happy – no (proper) fails at this weight, and no baulking (which I usually do).
    B. 65kg.
    C. 10 squats in the 4th round. I was never going to get to the run, and not all that disappointed not to have to do it. Pleased that my DUs mostly worked today (2 of the sets of 30 unbroken). If I was a bit soft today I blame having to take Kenny to the bus station at 3:30am.

• tim says:

A) 90kg, dropped 100kg twice which was disappointing
    B) 70kg
    C) 20 air squats into the 3rd or 4th round (60 single skips)

Felt a bit light headed during the warmup at metcon today. Gross 🙁
    A: 65kg
    B: 40kg (not 70%)
    C: Some number of squats into the fourth round. Breathing was fine, but felt ordinary and lethargic.

• eliza says:

Good to come in tonight and be back to do some work, thanks to Karl for modifying some stuff for me, appreciate it muchly
    Did some power cleans from hang position, light weight and a different huffy puffy wod.
    Thanks

• Amelia says:

A) 65kg PR
    B) 46kg
    C) 12:40 ish something… Can’t remember

• Tim Manning says:

a. 100kg PB

b. 80kg

C. 13:14

• Lex says:

A. a few ugly 45s
    B. 32.5
    C. a few DUs from finishing round 3. Burpees defeated me once again.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A:122.5kg
    B:92.5kg
    C:10:32

• Kylie says:

A: 57.5kg, feeling tired from Saturday still
    B: 50kg, warmed up and these felt snappy
    C: Almost finished the 3rd round and it hurt way worse than I thought it would!