Power Cleans, Deadlifts and a Partner WOD

Monday 29.6.15

Motivation

It’s a Monday…. start the week right then repeat, repeat, repeat………….

A. 10 mins to find a heavy Power Clean – Touch ‘n Go UB Triple

B. 12 minutes to complete: Deadift 4×5 @ 60%

C. Today’s WOD is a Partner Metcon, Player 1 goes while Player 2 rests, then visa versa

12 minute AMRAP of:

• 8 Pull Ups / Ring Rows
  • 8 Burpees
  • 8 HSPU’s / Box HSPU’s / Push Up’s

then straight into, 3 Min AMRAP of:

• Full Cleans @ 60/40kg – 1 person working at a time.

Post weights and rounds/reps to comments

Nice to be at the box after a month of various injuries, thankful that crossfit can be scaled!
    A. Played with the bar with muscle cleans
    B. Worked at Polly’s 60% 55kgs which was around 50% for me
    C. Scaled to ring rows, step down to plank holds and regular push ups, worked with Polly we were on our 8th round. Part two scaled to 30kgs cleans for Polly which I did as muscle cleans, we did 41 in total.

• Emma says:

A. got to 40 kgs
    B. worked at 60 kg (60%)
    C.1. worked with Bron – ring rows and box HSPUs which were weird and hard
    2. 22 cleans at 30kg

A. As I was pondering writing this I found myself reminiscing about the good old days when i could post here the occasional win over one of my annoying children. Sigh… Not any more . Last week I (just) got 80kg, this week I jumped to 85kg and failed. Bloody Ewen did this last week at 112kg. I won’t be asking him tonight.
    B. 100kg. Nice to go light (ish).
    C. Went solo on this one.
    C1. 5 rounds neat. My arms were failing me on the HSPU by the end.
    C2. 14 @ 60kg. I thought this was going to be easier.

• Brendo says:

A: 75kg. Max was 80kg the other week but didn’t feel like it was quite there today.
    B: Worked at 80kg. There was a time not so long back when even 80kg deadlifts would wind up my back so that I’d have to lie down for a week. Come a long way since then.
    C: Worked with Chris and we got through 6 rounds + 3 HSPUs. HSPUs were crushing me after the first round, it’s been a big couple of weeks. 19 cleans for the last bit.

A: 60kg. Same as last week but didn’t feel as good
    B: 70kg
    C1: Kristy and I almost finished 10 rounds rx. I really struggled with HSPUs this morning.
    C2: 29 reps rx. Kristy did wayyy more than me (thanks)!

Today was my first day back after a cold so I took it easy.
    A. Did a few sets at 40kg.
    B. 65kg
    C. Worked with Morten.6 rounds + 31 cleans. I scaled to knee push ups and 25kg cleans

A: 50kg. Too busy chatting and ran out of time haha

B: 70kg. Felt good!

C: worked with Sarah which is always lovely! I went with pull ups and HSPU on abmat. Was very very slow so ended up scaling in the last round so Sarah would actually get a workout. Then we ended up with 16 cleans.

• Lex says:

A. 40kg. More than last time, but still just as ugly.
    B. 60kg. Must remember to keep chest up.
    C. Worked with Claire who is a gun, so impressed. We did maybe 4 rounds plus a few extras. Started trying to do the cleans at 35kg, tried one, could barely lift it after all the other nonsense before it. Had to quickly change to 25 while poor Claire powered on. No idea how many we ended up with in the end. Id say somewhere in the 20s?

• Elaine says:

A: 45kgs – so much easier after my PT ‘tweek the elbows sess’ with Coach Bec
    B: 55kgs
    C: Worked with Jackie. 5 rounds and 6 HSPU plus 18 cleans. First time trying out little butterflies, some were better than others. Tough work but fun on the cleans. I never did more than one so most of these are my partners.