Deadlifts & a Running Clock

Wednesday 24.06.15

Deadlifts with perfect form today

Deadlifts with perfect form today (& everyday)

A: Power Clean TnG UB triple

B: Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1

C: 12 min running clock:
800m run; then (w/ reamining time):
AMRAP:
13 T2B
16 single arm DB snatches @ 30-20kg/15kg
19 box jumps @ 20″

Post loads and  rounds to comments.

Coach B

• Elaine says:

A:45Kgs
    B 80,85,87.5,90,92.5kg (new PB).
    C: Forgot to look at the clock after run, that would have been useful ! Managed to get 8 of these in a row – wrapped these are starting to string together. Could only do 10kg on snatch (no 15kgs left), think my tech on this move kind of sucks so this may have been a good thing. Really happy with how smooth my box jumps were this morning. 1 round and 2 snatches.
    Congrats to Polly who managed to put 7.5kgs on her Deadlift PB (92.5kg done easy) and for getting T2Bs – bombastic !

A. 80kg. Not beautiful, but still an improvement over the last couple of weeks when I’ve managed 2 and failed the 3rd at 80kg each time.
    B. 130, 140, 150, 155, failed 165kg twice (don’t think it left the ground), 150. Maybe 10kg was too big a jump from 155? Who knew? I was following Tim, who succeeded and went on to a PB of his own at 170kg. Oh well.
    C. Somehow got talked into the 30kg dumbell snatch, so I’m happy with my 1 rd + 4 Box jumps.

• Lex says:

A. 37.5kg
    B. Pretty sure this was my first time doing heavy deadlifts rather than as part of a metcon, so had no idea what my 1RM might be. Finished on 90kg which was exciting. Think there was a little bit more left in the tank so excited to give it another crack in a weeks time.
    C. My ‘run’ was pretty pathetic, but managed 2 rounds plus 8 DBS. Liked this one.

A) 72kg. Would have done 77kg but ran out of time.
    B) I am now totally scared of hurting my back in deadlifts and am psycing myself out. 82, 102, 112, 122, 132. – I am not sure what to do about my back and it’s so frustrating.
    C) 1 Round and 3 box jumps (scaled to sit ups)

• Polly Drover says:

A. 45kgs – very happy with this!
    B. 75, 80, 85, 87.5, 90, 92.5kgs. New PB from 85kg. Pretty darn happy. Looking forward to trying 95kg, with a goal of triple figures by end of the year.
    C. 1 round and 4 T2B. Found the 15kg DB snatch rather challenging… but got T2B strung together!

A: 60kg
    B: 75, 80, 85, 90, 95. A way off my 1RM but didn’t feel that way.
    C: 4min run and 2 rounds rx

• Amelia says:

a. 57.5
    b. 85
    c. 2 rounds 3 t2b

A: 55kg,felt good, didn’t have enough time to try heavier. Should have tried 60kg!

B: Started out at 100kg (87%) felt good and Craig suggested I go to 105kg (91%). I only tested my 1rm about 2 weeks ago but may need to revisit soon I think.

C: Did 16cal on the bike. T2B were in singles and very slow. Step ups subbed for box jumps. Finished 1 round and 15 T2B (yep got confused in the second round and thought there was 16 T2B)

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: 115kg, last rep probably a full clean though 🙁 still claiming it. Hit 122kg for a single
    B: 205kg