A: Strict HSPU VOL 1-5 reps EMOM for 10 mins
- Filler: 3 sit ups and 3 squats
B: For 30 mins:
- every even minute (starting at 0): 10 burpees // scale: 8
- every odd minute: 4-5 strict pull-ups or chin-ups (boys) 2-3 strict Pull ups/chin ups (girls) + 10 box jumps
- scaling pull-ups: if can’t do strict chins, PUs, etc. -> ring rows only (we don’t have enough time for peeps to get in an out of bands, etc.) 5-6 ring rows.
- scaling box jumps: (pick a box that you’ll be able to easily complete 10 box jumps with by the 40 sec mark – so you have at least 20 seconds rest.
It’s easy to look at a workout like this and become overwhelmed by the total amount of reps, time frame and the fact that there is no first place.
The rep range: The best way to move a mountain is to come at it – 1 rock at a time.
The time frame: Yes, this is longer than our standard metcons but I wouldn’t give you guys anything that I haven’t done or anything that I didn’t think you could do.
No first Place: that’s right, for some of you – you might have to change your mindset for this workout. The win is to get through it and complete without getting caught up in the fact that you can’t win it. The aim of today is to just. Get. Work. Done.