pause clean & jerk, pause front squats and it’s raining, so…

Tuesday 16.6.15

A: 12 mins to est Pause clean and jerk max (3 sec pause at hang)

B: Pause Front Squat – 12 mins to est heavy double 3 sec pause – heavier than last week

C: 2 rounds for time: run everyone at once (12 min cap)

• 400m run (25 burpees if raining) -> it’s raining
  • 50 OH swings @ 24/16kg
  • 50 air squats

Post loads, times and training notes to comments or BTWB

New PODCAST UP

Just in case you missed it Ryan and I put together another ADAPTCF PMM PODCAST 2015 #6 – In this episode we talk about the new Get STRONG over Winter Program, strong girls and meditation… Check it out below or here.

00:30
Adapt Get strong winter program – explained

8:22
Extra VOL for Open gym athlete via a westside template

11:56
The influence of society
Girls getting strong –

Girls: But I don’t want to look like Arnie
13:30

17:00
How coachable are you?
childlike eyes ~ Tom Dickson quote
Do you have a “Beginner mind”

21:45
meditation: the judging mind

23:20
meditation: the monkey mind -> & a chance for a redo

32:00
PODCAST wrap up
train – get strong over winter
learn – empty your cup

[soundcloud_ultimate track=http://soundcloud.com/bencapod/adaptcf-pmm-podcast2015-6-get-strong-over-winter-program-strong-girls-and-meditation]
Coach B

• KJ says:

A: 60kgs Think I could have gone a little heavier, but I am trying to eliminate my pelvic thrust! (it really drives me insayayayane!)
    B: 72.5kg (up 7.5 from last week)
    c: 9.10 mins
    First round unbroken. Second round broke the KB up into 25,10 and 15.

A. 75kg. Might have had a little more in me but I was satisfied with that. First time I’ve done jerks in a while, so the first couple felt a little odd.
    B. 102kg. Up 2kg and felt probably a little more solid than last week. Pleasantly surprised because I came in pretty sore from yesterday’s squats.
    C. 20 squats into the 2nd round. Karen and I were both surprised by how much this took it out of us. An hour later and we were both still recovering.

• Alexis Cooper says:

Worked with Bron who was awesome.
    A. Successfully did 40kg, then managed the clean at 45kg, but failed the jerk. Booo
    B. Just managed 47.5kg after failing earlier
    These two weights aren’t too far off what I was up to before I took time off, so I was almost starting to feel like I never left… and then Ben’s WOD from hell happened.
    C. Got up to 10 KBs in the second round. Cardio is not my friend.

• Elaine says:

A:45kgs – I am not very good at timing the bounce out of the clean so its like a dead stop movement out of the squat.
    B:Failed 50 but got 47.5kgs – didn’t realise until I looked myWOD that I did this last week at 45kgs. Glad to fit in both the fail and claim a gain on last weeks effort. Congrats to Polly who did this at 50kgs.
    C:1 round and 35 swings. This was tough but fun.

A. Worked up to 40kg, just trying to get into the habit of getting under the bar, as I revert to power cleans when it gets heavier.
    B. 55kg
    C. One round + 12 burpees. Loved the OH swings

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: 120KG
    B: 120KG, Missed second rep @135kg
    C: 10:03

• tim says:

A) 92kg (2kg Jerk PB)
    B) worked up to 109kg*
    C) 41 KB swings in round 2
    *slightly wider stance than last week and it felt more comfortable
    I struggled with 100kg last week, working with Mick gave me the confidence to go for 109

A: 55kg
    B: 50kg
    C: timed out with 30 squats to go

• Amelia says:

a. 60kg (bit slow under the bar)
    b. 65kg, went for 67.5kg but failed the second rep
    c. 11.52 finished just in time. took a few too many rests…