Back Squats, Accessories and a Partner WOD

Monday 15.6.15

Ewen and Kenny

Ewen and Kenyah this weekend gaining knowledge from Rob Forte and Kara Webb!

A. 18 minutes to work on Back Squat 5 x 3 @ 75-80%

B. 10 minutes to complete the following superset with rest in-between

• B1. 3 x 8 Pendlay Rows
  • B2. 3 x 10 Glute Bridge

C. 12 minute Partner metcon AMRAP

• 2 Bar Muscle Ups / 6 C2B / 8 Pull Ups or 10 Ring Rows
  • 12 Over the box jumps 24/20′
  • 16 Sit Ups
  • Perform one whole round while partner rests then swap over.

Post weights and times to comments.

• Emma says:

A. 5×3 at 60kgs
    B1. 35 then 30kgs
    B2. 50 kgs both times
    I never get through three sets of these.
    C. worked with lexi – welcome home! 5 rounds + 3 sit ups

• Elaine says:

A. [email protected] was a bit easy so did the last [email protected]
    B1. 27.5kgs
    B2. 40kgs only did this twice but really concentrated on lifting up and squeezing the glutes
    C. Worked with Bron, we got 5 round and 2 pull-ups done.

That’s my little boy in the pic up top. Must cut back on his bacon rations.

A. 3 sets @100, 2 sets @105kg. Roughly 77 and 81% respetively.
    B. Pendlay 50kg, GB 60kg.
    C. Tim and I got 6 rounds and about 10 situps. I felt compelled to at least finish the situps after the buzzer. Took me about half the time before my legs warmed to the task for box jumps. Hard to transition from slow, heavy lifts to faster explosive movements.

• Alexis Cooper says:

My first day back after six weeks of croissants and schnitzels and I barely made it through the warm up. Brutal. Still dealing with a bit of jet lag so managed to turn up (early!) for the 5:30am class. A lovely bunch, and even got to see some of the lovely 6:30 folk as I was leaving. Good to be back.
    A. 5 x 3 at 45kg
    B1. 20kg for the first, then 25kg for the other two sets
    B2. 30kg
    C. Lovely to see Emma so bright and early in the morning – 5 rounds + 3 sit ups.
    Expecting a few days of hobbling and shuffling after that.

A. 60kg (70%).
    B1. 35kg
    B2. 1 set at 35kg then slow deadlifts at 50kg (the glute bridges were quite painful for me)
    C. 4 rounds with Karen which was fun. We overlapped a bit so that we both got a workout in.

A. 60kg
    B1. 40kg
    B2. 60kg
    C. 7rounds + change working with James at his first session. Nice work. I did C2B. He did PU’s

• tim says:

a) 80,90,100,100
    b) 50/60 x 3
    c) 6ish rounds with Ivan the incredible (I scaled to box step overs)
    Recovery session after ride on Sunday destroyed my back/legs

• Brendo says:

A: 5 sets @ 90kg.
    B: 50kg pendlay’s and 60kg thrusts, or “glute bridges” if you want to be all proper about it.
    C: Worked with Gabe and got 9 rounds + 3 C2B. And because it deserves a hashtag, #ibeatIvan #doesnthappenoften.

A) 5×3 at 85kg. only about 70% but stuff just wasn’t working for me today.
    B1) 42 – Pendlays
    B2) 75kg Glute Bridges
    C) Worked with Sam B. 7 Round and 10 Sit Ups in total, I finished my 4 rounds – Ring Rows edition.

A: focusing on technique so took a bit longer to get to 75%, then got out 5 sets @ 65kg.

B1: 35kg, getting stronger, used to struggle with that weight but felt good today.
    B2: 40kg, these hurt my hip bones.

C: Worked with newbie Ali (sorry if I spelt your name wrong!) Was great fun! We got out 6 rounds and 4 pull ups.

• David N says:

Another great turn out for the 5:30am class!

A: 4 sets at 80kg plus 1 set at 90kg
    B: 50kg pendlay’s and 60kg bridges
    C: Box Jumps felt tough but C2B are improving. Worked with Sarah to get just over 7 rounds.

• Amelia says: