Back Squats, Accessory work & Ladder

Wednesday 10.06.15

Anthony-back-squat

A: Back Squat 5×5 @ 65%

B1: 3×8 Pendlay Rows
B2: 3×10 Barbell Glute Bridge

C: 8 min Ladder
200m run / 2 cleans (60/40kg)
200m run / 4 cleans
200m run / 6 cleans
200m run / 8 cleans
etc for 8 mins

Post loads, rounds and notes to comments.

Becca

• tim says:

a) 90/100/100/105/105*
    b) 60/60, 65/65 missed 3rd set
    c) Finished round of 8
    *Felt pumped today, got to work with Luke and had lots of inspirational people in the class, thanks 6:30 crew, you rock!

a) stuck to my 60kgs
    b) 45kgs
    c) FF I think I timed out on the run in round of 10

• Brendo says:

A: 5 sets @ 75kg. This is a bit higher once again than my 65% of 105kg, but I want that 110kg back squat by the end of this
    B: 60kg for each. Except for the last set of hip thrusts/”Duff-Man’s!” where I did 40kg. Must not be getting enough practice or something…
    C: Finished the round of 8 cleans. On the first clean after coming back from the first run got a massive leg wobble and nearly stacked. #gosohardlikeRay

• Brendo says:

C was at 60kg. 65% of 105kg is 68.25kg and if I ate 6 apples out of a batch of 17, I’m left with a tummy ache. And that concludes our maths lesson for today.

• Elaine says:

A: 45kg last two sets were the hardest
    B1:25kg
    B2: 35kg
    C: 6 cleans @35 plus 200m run. Cleans improved the more reps I did.

• Emma says:

A. 5 sets at 50kg which was a good weight
    B1. 35kg
    B2. 45kg only got two sets of this one done
    C. 4 rounds – did 5 cals on the bike instead of the run cause of asthma playing up and 25 kgs

A: 45kg – this felt heavier than it should have.
    B1 and B2: 30kg
    C: 4 rounds FF. Hands were super cold after each run!
    Worked with Nicole this morning – it’s awesome to see newbies killing it!

A. 90kg. Nearly 70% of my 1RM. I reckon I could have gone a little heavier (5kg?) but still have the lingering effects of my hamstring strain so I’m keen to be a bit nice to it, especially leading into even heavier weeks.
    B1 and B2. 40kg. Might have been a bit soft here.
    C. 4 rounds RX. Strangely couldn’t summon the enthusiasm to run halfway down the street when I had only 30s left so I took my time a bit in the last set of cleans.

A: 65kg (bout 70%), felt good though.
    B: 35kg. Kept as good a form as I could.
    C: 1 clean in the round of 10RX. This got heavy quick. Love both movements though. Good morning!

Props to LuLu who didn’t realise till the end that she worked at 80% of her 1RM!!!
      Awesome work LuLu

You are awesome Fee! Love seeing how well you’re doing! Absolutely killing it. 🙂

• Karl Buchhorn says: