Clean Complex & Deficit Deadlifts

A: TnG power clean triple + 2 push-jerks

B: 10 mins to work up to a heavy double front squat

C:

RX option
8 min ladder:
deck squat to pistol -> 2,4,6,8 etc – alternating
at the start of each round perform:
10 deficit deadlifts @ 80/50kg

FF option
8 min AMRAP:
10 air squats
10 deadlifts @ 50/35kg
10 sit-ups
50m run

A. 70kg. Might have been able to do slightly heavier. These felt OK.
    B. Another week, another PB. In fact two for the price of one. Did the double at 112kg (2kg improvement on last week) and realised afterwards that it’s also a 2kg improvement on my 1RM.
    C. 2/12 deck squat/pistols RX. Really enjoyed this, but I’m not sure why. The deficit on the deadlift definitely puts the focus on the dear old hamstrings, but 80kg wasn’t too heavy. And the deck squats/pistols were just a bit of fun. In some ways I find them easier than straight pistols, because you’re already moving forward so the balance is easier.

• Emma says:

A. honestly can’t remember, high 30s I think. Amanda will know : )
    B. 57.5 – a new 1RM is on the way!
    C. FF – 4 rounds but the final run I timed out on the run, so really 3 rounds plus 7/8 or something.
    It’s all feeling pretty good at the moment and I am happy with the weights I am hitting – imagine if I could get my diet 100% right – that’s the current goal, to get and keep it right.

• Nikki says:

A: 45kgs
    B: 70kgs
    C: 3 rounds, did FF however did deficit deadlifts at 55kgs (I counted 50kgs wrong and only realised after!). These were harder than I was expecting!

A. 40 kg. Then tried really hard not to use my arms at 35kg, without much success.
    B. 57.5kg, up 2.5kg from last week.
    C. 3 rounds FF with 45kg deadlifts off a 20kg plate. I found these relatively easy, but I’m sure it wouldn’t take much more weight to make it hard.

Was great to work with Hayley today 🙂
    A: 60kg
    B: 70kg
    C: Finished the round of 12 + 2 deadlifts rx.
    I’m gonna have a sore butt tomorrow!

• eliza says: