Snatches, Squats and some Cardio!

Monday 11.5.15

Adapt Masters

The Adapt Masters completing WOD 2 of the Masters League

A. 18 minutes to hit:

• Heavy triple Touch N’ Go Power Snatch

B. 18 minutes for the following:

• Back Squat: 2-2-2-2-2

Progress loads across all sets, if you’re feeling good, go for a 2RM. Otherwise go for a heavy double.

C. 8 minute cap, 5 Rounds for time of:

• 10 Box Jumps 24/20′
  • 20 KB Swings (Russian) 24/16kg
  • 30 Double Unders (Singles – scaled)

Post comments, weights and time to the website

A. 55kg. Starting to get sloppy at that weight. Bit of pressing out at the top. 50kg seemed good.
    B. 90, 100, 110, 115, 121 (new 2RM). Wa feeling ok with these so went for 130kg and got a new 1RM. Really chuffed.
    C. I credit my new speed rope with putting me in range of finishing. I credit my clumsiness with preventing it. 4 rds + 25 DU.

A: 45kg – felt good on this other than a really wide stance for the third rep.
    B: worked up to 80kg, so 60, 65, 70, 75, then 80 – this was close to max, so happy.
    C: just moved (cannot D/U or box jump, so did steps ups and KB swings) worked for the whole 8 mins

• Emma says:

A. 20kg. Worked on not pausing and therefore losing momentum from my legs.
    B. Worked up to 60kgs. Slightly wider feet position seems to be working for me.
    C. 2 rounds plus KB swings. Didn’t bail or fail box jumps, so that was a win. Changed my jump style for double unders so that should also make life easier – meant I was slow though.
    A good session for technique for me – thanks Craig.

A) Only got up to 42kg. My body was still recovering from doing the 5km run and when I tried 52kg. My shoulder twinged a bit.
    B) worked up to 92kg. Again, body didn’t like me very much today.
    C) 20″ box / 24kg KB / Singles – 4Rds + 10 box jumps.

• Nikki says:

Going to try and start posting here! 🙂
    A: 32.5kgs (35kgs for 1 then failed the 2nd)
    B: 85kgs (which is a new 2RM :))
    C: 2 rounds 9 DU
    Great way to start a Monday, thanks Craig!

• bronj says:

Haven’t posted anything for a while so thought I better get back in the habit…

A. 30kg felt good. Failed at 32.5
    B: 53.5 which is a PR.
    C:4 rds. Was good fun.

• David N says:

A: 52.5kg but I didn’t like it very much
    B: 60,70,80,90,95. Happy with the double at 95kg they felt solid.
    C: 3 rounds + 20 KB. Doubleunders are better but… well … you know…