C&J complex, front squats and deck squats

Tuesday 5.5.15

A: clean + jerk + hang clean + 2 jerks – 18 mins

B: 10 min to est. heavy double front squat – try to add a little more than last week — no fails (we’re not looking for a 2RM -> just a heavy double)

C: Deck squat tech

C – RX -> pre-requisites: pull-ups
If you don’t have bar muscle ups, sub for 5 C2B pull-ups // or 3 C2B pull ups for the ladies,

8 min ladder:

• * deck squat -> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

* at the start of each round perform:

• 1 T2B
    1 C2B pull-up
    1 bar muscle-up; then

C – FF:

8 min AMRAP

• 50 metre run
  • 3 sit-ups
  • 6 push-ups
  • deck squat -> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 9 squats each round (if you weren’t able to get deck squats)

Post loads, rounds, reps and training notes to comments or BTWB

Coach B

Coach and Owner of Adapt CrossFit

• Alexis Cooper says:

a: 40kg, but the last jerk was super ugly.
    b. 60kg
    c. 7 rounds, deck squats were quite fun!

Noticed the weekend wod isnt up but so I dont forget – 40kg thruster, and managed a 45kg clean but couldnt get it all the way overhead. Did the jumping pull up version of fran in 3:54 at 20kg.

A. 70kg fine, 80 kg made it to the hang clean and jerk, then too fatigued to hold on for the 2nd jerk.
    B. 110kg. 4kg up from last week and equal to my 1RM PB. Chuffed about this, especially as I feel like I’ve got a little more there (at least for one rep). Been sitting on that 1RM for over a year now.
    C. 8 rounds plus one C2B. No muscle ups involved. Interesting how I started to fail deck squats about half way through as my abs started fatiguing.

A. 35kg. This was fun and good to focus on my jerks.
    B. 55kg. Will definitely go heavier next time. I have been going lighter on front squats as I find the technique so much harder then back squats – so it is good to see some progress.
    C. 4 rounds and a little bit of the 50 m run FF with the 9 squats option. I want to nail the deck squats next time cause the boys at home are always busting them out.

Due to injury did not complete any of the “Jerk” sections of the workout.
    A) 80kg Clean & Hang Clean. – this is below my standard and felt really hard today. I should be around 85kg – 90kg. 🙁
    B) 95kg Double. Next time we will break 100 I think.
    C) FF 9 Squat edition – 9 Round + 3 Pushups. – I think the cardio is getting slightly better.

• Sarah Cav says:

A. 45kg
    B. 60kg w a pep talk.
    C. FF, w plated deck sqts. Round 7

A: 55kg – really happy with form on this one – got a bit messy at 50, but better at 55,
    B: 70kg – 2nd rep was tough, but there was no way I was failing whilst Ben was watching!
    C: completed round with 8 of deck squats and got 1 T2B and 1 C2B. Almost did RX – but had to hold a plate for the deck squats and half way through I wasn’t getting my chest to the bar, so dropped back to solid pull ups. great work out, but my hands hurt now 🙁

A. Actually did cleans for the first time in months, but kept the weight low to work on not killing my shoulder. Did several goes at 25kg
    B. Front squats with straps, did sets of 5 due to lower weight, worked up to 50kg.
    C. Unable to to deck squats, just finished 5 rounds FF with 9 squats each round.

• eliza says:

A- 40kg maybe, it was around that, kinda forgot to add it up, felt ok, moderate weight to work on tech
    B- 60kg same as last week, ran out of time, could go up by maybe a couple of kilos
    C- FOr Fun- 7 rounds, plus 50m,plus no deck squats for me.
    Thanks Elaine and Coach Craig

A: Worked on technique at 50kg – got some good tips from Craig (thanks!)
    B: Failed second rep at 75kg, hit 65kg in previous set.
    C: 8 rounds + 1 C2B rx. Stopped with 30 seconds left because I ripped (again, yay).