Snatches, Squats and Pull Ups

Monday 27.4.15

Saturday Aussie Hero WODSaturday’s 8:30am crew throwing down the Hero WOD – McDonald & Galagher

A. 18 minutes to work up to a max in the following complex:

• 1 Power Snatch, 1 Snatch Balance and 1 Overhead Squat

B. Time cap of 20 minutes for

• 5×5 Back Squat @ 65% of your 1RM (maintain loads across all sets)

C. 8 minute AMRAP:

RX:

• 5 Strict Pull Ups (male), 3 Strict Pull Ups (female)
  • 10 T2B
  • 15 Squats

FF:

• 5 Ring Rows
  • 10 T2B / Knee Raises
  • 15 Squats

Please post your scores and comments to the website

A: Got to 40kg and stuck there – getting tips from Ben M and Coach Craig on technique. Thankfully I haven’t completely lost it.
    B: 60kg – lots of niggles and things to work on here
    C: RX 3 rnds + 3 pu – very controlled

A. Did the complex on 60kg, then got one dodgy snatch at 65kg and dropped it on the snatch balance. 2nd attempt bordered on pathetic.
    B. 3 x 80kg, 2 x 85kg. About right I think. First couple of sets felt slow but warmed up into it.
    C. 5 rds + 2 pu. Poor old public servant hands started to feel it.

A: 45kg. No snatch balance for me today. So did power snatch + 2 OH squats.
    B: 60kg
    C: 4 rounds + 8 T2B rx. Didn’t go crazy today, and I didn’t rip – YAY!

• KJ says:

A: 55kg all good – no problems. As soon as I tried 60kg – my confidence ran away! There is something about that number!!! I need to do a few PT sessions on my snatch technique.
    B: 5×5@65kg.
    C: how did I miss 3 PU for girls! Sorry Rosie – Not a good listener tonight. So 5 rounds rx with 5 strict pull ups (and I found 5 really hard!)
    Really enjoyed tonight….newbie Rebecca and our visitors from Newcastle – fun 🙂

A: 45kg, failed the power snatch twice before I got it, felt good when I got there…snatch balance could have been better.

B: 55kg, only got 4 sets out. Felt heavy today, especially the last set.

C: FF, Ring rows plus T2B which are still slow. 2 rounds plus 7 T2B.

• Alexis Cooper says:

A: 27.5… from the ground! Hooray! No more staying at pos 1. Thanks to bec for her help in PT for that.
    B: 55kg
    C: FF 6 rounds plus some ring rows I think.
    Joined by the lovely Ryan and jess who were wonderful (and Ryans snatches were a bit of a novelty to watch!)

A: Got 52.5 twice, but felt pretty shit. Dropped back to 47.5 and knocked it out a couple more times working on form.
    B: 3 x 85kg, 2 x 90kg