front squats, split jerks and pistols

And best Tshirt of the morning goes to Bryan...

And best Tshirt of the morning goes to Bryan…

Tuesday 21.4.15

A: front squat – 20 mins to work up to a 5RM

B: heavy double split jerk – 10 mins

C: 6 min ladder: (run everyone at once)
2 pistols // 4 sit-ups
4 pistols // 8 sit-ups
6 pistols // 12 sit-ups
8 pistols // 16 sit-ups
etc.. for 6 mins; then
2 min ME hand release push-ups

FF:
15 air squats // 4 sit-ups
15 squats // 8 sit-ups
15 air squats // 12 sit-ups
15 squats // 16 sit-ups
etc.. for 6 mins; then
2 min ME hand release push-ups

Post loads, rounds and reps to comments or BTWB

Coach B

Bryan gets the best T-shirt every morning – they rock!
    A: 60kg – felt solid, should have gone higher, but it took me a while to get the rhythm this morning.
    B: 52kg. Felt good, except for the bringing it back down part!
    C: FF got to 5 squats in the round of 28 sit ups. Then 27 push ups. Hand release seem to put my form off, so maybe a little more practice of these.

• Alexis Cooper says:

A: 52.5kg
    B: 35kg, could have gone a little higher but my knees were looking well odd.
    C: FF finished the round of 20 sit ups. Then around 24 pushups. Hand release was particularly brutal!

I’m getting slower to post anything here. Scored a carpark at work, so now I don’t have hands-free time on the bus for such important pursuits.
    A. Worked with Tim W. I’ve had a week off and he’s not done much heavy stuff of late so we went for volume rather than weight. Sets of 5 @ 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75.
    B. Kenny jumped in and worked with us. I wasn’t intimidated at all. Eventually got to 75kg. Probably should have gone heavier earlier (just like Kenny kept saying).
    C1. 10 pistols/20 situps. Happy enough with that. Had a couple of pistols on the left leg that fired blanks, so that I was left rolling backwards onto the floor.
    C2. 44. Yuk.

A) Hit a 4RM of 100kg … Missed the last rep 🙁
    B) Kept light to work on technique, which was necessary after 1RM weekend attempts got ugly. Stayed at 75kg!
    C) Pistol and Sit-Up lover, right here, not so much with the push-up love though.
    5 Pistols into the round of 16 Pistols, at the end I wondered why abs felt tight and realised that was over 150 sit-ups. That’d do it!
    ME: 35 reps.

• Matt B says:

Trained with Steve – O who was pretty keen to show of his talents today

A)90kg…i hate front squats
    B) 100kg…that’s more like it
    C) 12/24 sit ups with half depth pistols
    D) 69 HRPU. …my time to shine

A: got 55kg which felt heavy but ok….Tried 60kg and only managed 2. Got a 2rm at 60kg in July last year, this tells me I need to work on my front squats.

B: 2 @ 55kg need to drop under it a bit more as they had a bit of a press. Thanks Ben and Rosey for the feedback.

C: got 12 / 16 sit ups. Pistols are slow and need a lot of work.

D: focussed on being strict no quads touching. Was doing sets of 2 pretty early on. Only got 20 out but happy with progress and form on these.

• David N says:

A: Had to stop at 65kg after my right leg strained.
    B: 67kg
    C: 12/12 pistols. The break from the squats was enough to recover for the pistols.
    D: 30 push ups

A: 75kg. 3rm at 85. Have done 5 at 85 before, think I’m getting a bit slack.
    B: 65kg. One of my major weaknesses.
    C: Squats and sit ups. 10 squats in the round of 28 sit ups.