How many times should I train each week?

Well the answer depends on your health and fitness goals…

In a video we posted up to Facebook on the weekend, Craig and I go over 5 different scenarios outlining how many weekly sessions different kinds of people would need to get results from CrossFit.

1. A complete newbie (no previous training background)
2. Someone coming from Bootcamp or a Globo Gym
5. Someone who is currently injured and/or undergoing injury rehab

How many times should you be training each week to get the most out of CrossFit? Craig and I go over 5 different scenarios outlining how many weekly sessions different kinds of people would need to get results from CrossFit.1. A complete newbie (no previous training background)2. Someone coming from Bootcamp or a Globo Gym3. Someone who already HAS a chosen sport (team or individual) and is looking for extra strength and conditioning4. Someone who is looking to become a CrossFit competitor (CrossFit IS your sport)5. Someone who is currently injured and/or undergoing injury rehabIf you have any questions and/or would like to get in touch with Adapt and find out how we can help you to become stronger, fitter and faster – follow the directions below…

Posted by Adapt CrossFit on Monday, 6 April 2015

Training 7.5.15

A. Power clean + Hang Clean – work to a max in 15 mins

B. 3RM Push Press (10 mins)

C. Partner WOD – 14 min AMRAP – P1 goes, then P2 goes

• 10 pull ups
  • 10 pistols (alternating)
  • 10 push ups

FF options:

• 10 pull ups/ring rows
  • 20 air squats
  • 10 push ups

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments or BTWB

Coach B

After walking Bungonia Gorge on the weekend this is likely to come back to bite me:
    A. 85kg
    B. 80kg (5kg PB).
    C. Teamed up with Mike for 13 rounds and 7 pull-ups.

first time back training after getting post 15.5 sick ๐Ÿ™
    A) 90kg – Happy with that and not near a mac feeling
    B) 75kg – after two failed attempts this went quite smoothly
    C) with Jamie we got 10 rds 10 pull ups and one miserable pistol… I was over it at the 6 min mark.
    Butterfly pull ups came and went today haha

• Alexis Cooper says:

Fun session today with the lovely Sarah.
    A. 40kg, actually went from the ground and pos 2 today rather than just sticking at pos 1 which was exciting though some were v messy. Managed 45 for the power clean but failed on the hang. Ran out of time to give it another attempt, but feel like its doable next time.
    B. 37.5
    C. I think we managed 9

A) 75kg – I so suck at Power Cleans… ๐Ÿ™
    B) 75kg on my second attempt. Really pleased with this.
    C) 9 Rounds and 2 Pull Ups between Chris going RX and me doing FF (Ring Rows/Squats).

• Craig W says:

A. 111kg
    B. 80kg
    C. Worked on my own as odd number in class
    12 rounds + 5 pistols RX

• Kylie says:

Long time since I’ve posted but I think it brought out good habits in me so I’m going to try and get back to it!

A. 52.5kg. New max for a hang clean. Got the power clean at 55kg but wasn’t confident enough to get under the full clean.
    B. 42.5kg. Pretty sure this is a PR
    C. Worked with Zoe on FF. 3 rounds each with my push-ups slowing us right down

A: 65kg. This was good hard fun. Happy as this is a PR for both the PC and the HC.
    B: 50kg. Did unbroken till 45, then had to reset as form was terrible unbroken.
    C: worked K-Dawg (Kristy)!!! Yay for making a 10am session! Had to sub pistols for squats, K-Dawg did it RX and we got either 10 or 12 rounds. Most probably 10. This was great fun, but tough on the hands and arms. Happy that I kept to the pull ups for all sets. Time to learn butterflies!

• Matt B says:

Super happy to be back in the box and feeling healthy again.

A) 97 kg
    B) 90kg

C) teamed up with Jimmy and did 19rds, but I only managed pistols for the first 2 rounds before doing squats

• Amelia says:

A. 60kg – stoked to hit this. kayla pushes me
    B. 52.5kg
    C. not sure, but fun WOD with kayla.

• Sarah Cav says:

A. 52.5kg. Pleased as I failed fifty in the open
    B. 45kg
    C. Just under 10 rounds with Karen

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A:120KG
    B:100KG
    C:17rounds with Deano, he whooped my butt in this

A: 55kg. Failed the hang clean at 60kg twice. Was so close! But 60kg is my 1rm full clean so still pretty happy!

B: only got to 40kg before I twisted my knee funny. Just bending my knees like for position 1 was painful so I called it.

C: worked with Jacqui which was so much fun! We got 11 rounds, 5 for me, 6 for Jacqui! We both did FF with pull ups, I subbed squats for 24kg KB swings in the first round but still didn’t feel great so I subbed again for sit ups! I’m stoked I stuck with pull ups for all rounds, most I’ve done in a WOD before, they felt strong tonight!

A: Got under 70kg but it was amazingly filthy, elbows everywhere. So I would say 65 for good reps haha.
    B: 50kg, Cycled all reps, could have gone heavier but ran out of time.
    C: Worked with Meagan, I think we nearly finished 7 rounds? Still nursing my knee a bit so subbed pistols for air squats.