Power Cleans & Bodyweight

Wednesday 1.04.15

The sun came out so I decided to put on some #colddripcoffee - using #RBE's latest seasonal blend. Should be ready for the #adaptcf Saturday sessions...

A: 16 mins to est. max power clean

10 burpees
15 push-ups
25 sit-ups
35 swings
45 squats
400m run

Post loads and times to comments.

A) A very ugly 80kg Power Clean. – Have to learn to catch lower for power cleans.
    B) Finished the second set of 50 KB Swings on the RX track.

• A: Worked up to 45kg. Ugly as. Elbows malfunctioning.
    B: 16.23 FF w/12kg KB. Went into the zone and just kept on going. I love this kind of workout!

A. I’m taking a glass half full view of this. Once again failed a couple at 90kg, then failed at 85kg, but got 80kg on either side of that sequence. The glass is half full because I got so very close to getting the 90 twice. Both time got it up into an almost front rack position, but a little too low on my chest. Any day now.
    B. Well this escalated quickly. 19:30 RX. Curse those pushups! I was on singles towards the end of the first round of 30 PU, and singles for the entire second round. Even the squats I was breaking into small sets.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: 115kg power clean, little bit under my best
    B: 14:54 rx

• Alexis Cooper says:

A) PB at 40kg today from position 1. Hooray! Failed once then figure out I needed to get lower which helped. Was even considering added on another kilo or two but ran out of time.
    B) FF but no idea on time… came in the door at the same time as the lovely KJ who was doing RX (and slowed herself down to keep me company)

• Amelia says:

A. power clean – 62.5 kg (PR); went for 65kg and got a new clean PR. great way to fail a power clean.
    B. I think I was around 18:27. This was fun.

A: 65 easy, 70 kg fail – had it there, but legs still malfunctioning a bit from 15.5. on Monday.
    B: 19:34 Rx. Although I will admit i only did 20/30 pushups in the second set. I think it would have taken me the rest of the time cap to do the last 10! I’m going to keep blaming 15.5 for my spasming tris as well. Just wanted to keep moving so skipped them.