shoulder day – mwhahahahahaha…..

Tuesday 24.3.15

A: 3×5 front squat

B: 3×5 push-press (UB)

C partner workout

• 6 min AMRAP:
    1:1 clusters at 60/40kg

C FF – pick a weight that’s challenging but safe.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: 5 reps @130kg
    PR front sqt @155

B: 90kg for 5

Partnered up with Kristy for the AMRAP, safe to say we both haven’t recovered from 15.4 shoulders are smoked!!

A. Up to 95kg. Failed the 4th rep at 100kg.
    B. 65kg. Might even have managed more. And then there’s the unbroken at 30kg we did – 47 for me.
    C. Worked with Steve O. Now, I’m no fan of thrusters, and I can’t say I enjoyed it mightily at the time, but I came away feeling pretty good about this. We did 60kg for a total of 46 reps. Steve did at least half a dozen more than me, so I’ll claim about 19.

A: Worked up to 60kg
    B: Worked up to 33kg – these felt really average. Then did unbroken barbell for 60 reps – that was a sh*t idea!
    C: Worked with Zoe and busted out 42 RX (40kg)- left shoulder really struggled to thrust the bar up, so it was more of a sluggish press, but we got there!

• A: Got to a full set at 45kg. Got out two at 50kg but form fell to pieces.
    B1: Worked up to 35kg.
    B2: Got to 56 unbroken push presses with 15kg bar.
    C: Emma and I did 46 @ 25kg. We could definitely have gone heavier, but at the time we agreed it was enough after the open and the shoulder melting work from part B. Also, my hands do not work properly on the bar with thrusters and it’s driving me mad. I think I need a PT session to sort me out.

A. Stayed at 35kg. Haven’t done front squats in a while and was struggling to keep my chest up.
    B. 35kg. Tried 40kg, but the last rep was a push jerk. Then did 40 reps with an unloaded barbell.
    C. Worked with Chole. We worked with 35kg and got 29 reps out. I even got to do a few extra reps which is good because I love clusters 😉

**knee injury**
    A: Box back squats – worked up to 105kg
    B: 40, 45, 50.
    B2: 33 reps at 25kgs
    C: Did grace-style power clean and jerks instead. Rosey and I got 44 reps, 22 each (although he smashed me with his 70kg thrusters)

• Amelia says:

a. 62.5
    b. 45 – last set was ugly + 30 reps of 22.5
    c. 31 I think – this was fun

• Alexis Cooper says:

A: Managed five reps at 47.5kg – very chuffed.
    B: 30kg for 5, then unbroken bar bell for 35. Less chuffed. Damn OH anything.
    C: Lulu and I did 40 at 25kg – I dare say it was quite a fun workout!