Hang Snatches & Amanda

Amanda Miller

A. Heavy Triple Hang Snatch

B. “Amanda”

9 – 7 – 5

Muscle-Ups

Snatches @ 60/40kg

Post loads and time to comments.

A little sluggish this morning, and my wrist a bit sore from heavier than usual cleans in 15.4.
    A. Up to 50kg.
    B. Was judging Tim A for his attempt at 15.4 so started the “WOD” late. No real attempt at the workout proper but did a bunch of snatches at 40kg and some C2B trying to make my lip bigger/more effective.

• David N says:

A: the planets aligned this morning to move me from 47kg PR triple to 52.5kg for the triple. There were a couple of fails from under the bar but I think I’m finally doing less pulling and more shrugging….
    B: this was the first workout where I actually got somewhere with C2B, I did singles using a box to get to the bar and got through the 9-7-5 with 45kg snatches in about 9:56. 🙂

A: 40kg – missed first set, but then got it nicely.
    B: FF 35kg – snatches mostly felt good. First set of pull ups felt good, but I was about to rip again, so went to ring rows – which were TOUGH!!!
    Finished about 9:50 I think.

• I was just thinking about this workout the other day. I did this about 2 years ago and it took me about 20 minutes. Great workout, but I was just missing those snatches on the day. It’s a shame to have to miss it.

• Alexis Cooper says:

A. Stuck on 20kg for most of the time, I did one very ugly set of 22.5kg but I’m not sure it counts.
    B. 10:56 with 20kg from position one and ring rows. Think I finally got the hang of it by my last three snatches thanks to Bec’s patience.

• Amelia says:

A. 42.5kg – was happy I hit this smoothly
    B. Coach Becca gave me the encouragement I needed to do this at 40kg. I did regular pull ups. Happy that snatches went well, but I really struggled to find rhythm for pull ups.. Only just beat the time cap with 10 or so seconds remaining. My pull up tech needs work.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: 80KG, 85KG missed third rep behind
    B: 6:16 as prescribed

A: 50kg, pretty easy. 2 at 55kg.
    B: Ring rows and 40kg snatch. 6:06