Pause Back Squats & 21-15-9

Jase Overhead

A: 15 mins to est. heavy triple back squat with 3 sec pause at the bottom

B: 10 mins to est. max push-press + push jerk + split jerk

C: 21-15-9:
shoulder to OH 45/30kg
box jumps @ 24/20″

A: 70kgs – felt better than I thought it would….
    B: 45kg – felt average and knee felt sh*t so called it.
    C: 4:48 RX – felt great – even knee was fine in the S2OH
    Great working with Sharon…. although she did give me curry for taking a short rest……… grrrrrrrrrr….. 🙂

A) 80kg no issues, couldn’t get 90kg out of the hole.
    B) 70kg.
    C) 5:02 RX – It was good to work this hard.

• A: 55kg So pleased I am really pushing myself! This is the heaviest Back Squat I have ever done, let alone 3 with pauses.
    B: 45kg Tried it and managed it. So pleased with myself!
    C: 5.32 FF @ 25kg/20″. Not sure what I’ve done to my tummy, but I have pain where you get stitches, just on the one side. S2OH felt good, got a niggly pain in my tummy doing the box jumps, so swapped to step ups from 15 onwards. I really enjoyed today – thanks Coach Becca!

A. 105kg. Not sure I could do much more. These were hard.
    B. 70kg fine, then got the push press at 80kg and failed the push jerk. Wasn’t all that disappointed to run out of time.
    C. 5:28 RX. Started solidly with 10 reps quickly then faded. Sigh.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A:140kg
    B:105kg
    C: 2:41rx

• KJ says:

A: 75kgs – this morning was so long ago now! I can’t remember what I did at training! Think I failed the last rep on this?
    B: 60kg
    C: 3.22 mins rx

• Amelia says:

A. 65kg – was pretty stoked to hit this
    b. 50kg – split jerk still needs work
    c. 4.20 RX

A: 102kg. Probably had a little more but was getting a little light headed from holding my breath for so long.
    B: 52kg fine. Failed the push press on 57, did the rest though.
    C: 4:30 RX. Damn my cardio. The S2OH I could have done all day, but combine it with speed and jumping, I’m done for.