handstand push-up VOL and 3 part multi AMRAPs…

Tuesday 17.3.15

• A: HSPU VOL training
    10 min EMOM:
    3-5 strict HSPU (kip is you need to) – or Dive bombers
    filler: 30/24″” box jumps – 5?

What’s a dive bomber push-up?

B: Partner WOD -> P1 goes while P2 rests; then vice-versa…

8 min AMRAP:

• 3 bar muscle-ups (6 pull-ups/8 ring rows)
  • 6 lateral bar burpees
  • 9 deadlifts @ 60/40kg; then (straight away):

6 min AMRAP:

• 3 snatches (can be power) @ 60/40kg
  • 6 thrusters @ 60kg/40kg
  • 9 toes to bar; then (straight away):

4 min AMRAP:

• 3 shoulder to OH with 60/40kg
  • 6 pistols
  • 9 sit-ups

Post training notes and smack talk to comments (no beyond the whiteboard today – as it’s VOL training and a partner WOD)

Coach B

A. Mostly doubles strict but had a couple where I fell off the wall and couldn’t quite get back up (well, improbably could have..). Pretty happy as strict HSPU are a weakness for me.
    B. Teamed up with Steve O and rashly let him out 50kg on the bar. Must say I struggled through this. Mostly held up my end of the bargain but couldn’t do the thrusters unbroken. OK Steve, you are more awesome than me.
    Speaking of awesome, I am anxiously watching the Open leaderboard. Kenny in 3rd place Teens in Aus, with highest 15.3 score. Still a couple of the better athletes to post scores though.

A: got 3 kipping HSPU (with 10kg plates and HAND STAND PUSH UP MAT – it is so not a sit up thing) – so happy as I can almost do them without scaling……..other than the kipping part!
    B: Worked with Nay and had a ball, until I ripped my hand…. ggrrrrr, didn’t even see it coming, either way, we had a great workout!

Ivan – Steve is not more awesome than anyone!!!!
    Kenny – WOW – you rock my socks!

• A: Dive bombers! Mine certainly didn’t look very graceful like that chap in the clip above, but it was interesting to be doing something different. Did 20″ box jumps.
    B: All was tough except the deadlifts. I forgot to load up another bar for them, so used a piddly 25kg. /facepalm Other than that faux pas, it was a challenging workout of the kind I really enjoy.

A: Maintained 4 strict across all sets – pleased about this.
    B: Karen and I worked together and all I remember is that it was tough – no idea of how many rounds we achieved. And I still don’t like the airdyne or the fact that I had to do it instead of bar work cos of my stupid hands. I really wished Karen was moving more slowly so that I got more rest!

A: went strict HSPU with 15kg plate and abmat. I actually did this yesterday in my open gym and managed 2 each round. Today I failed to get 1 on one of the rounds but the others varied between 1-3 reps.

B: worked with Leanne, not sure how many rounds etc but we both got a good workout and that’s what counts, yeah?

• Leanne says:

Always great to work with you Taz!!
      We certainly,most definitely and absolutely positively got a workout…. But I liked it😁

A: Did 3 strict each round on a 10kg plate and an ab mat. Will definitely go lower next time as these seemed pretty quick and neat.
    B: Worked with Meagan and I think we did 6 rounds, 2 rounds and 1 T2B, and 4 rounds and 4 sit ups.

• Anyone else feeling beat up after yesterday? Really tight in my traps last night and it’s moved to my shoulders this morning. I was feeling it straight after those HSPU (which felt good?), so did one 60kg thruster in practice and dropped the weight down.

4 HSPU per round for the first part.
    Can’t remember my scores for part 2, but put them on BTWB. That second round went quick! Pretty sure we got more work done in the last round.