Double Grace

KJ #determined

A: power clean + hang clean + 2 jerks

B: Double Grace
60 clean and jerks @ 60/40kg

FF Option:
60 clean and jerks @ 50% of 1RM clean and jerk

Post loads and times to comments

A) 82kg Power Clean, 72kg Hang Power Clean, 72kg Push Jerks.
    B) FF @45kg – 7min 51secs.

A. 70kg pretty good, 80kg, couple of sloppy cleans and 1 even sloppier jerk. Took me a bit to get going this morning, so i wasn’t too bothered by this result.
    B. 8:05 @45kg. Started with sets of 5, until about 40 I suppose and then it was singles until the last 4 which I did as a set. Phew.

Awesome pick KJ.
    A: had a few lifts and got to 45kg – but then my knee was too painful from footy. I might just be too old to be playing rugby still (it takes about four days to recover from a game)!!!
    So I did an open gym sesh (as suggested by Bec)
    Few handstand walks (btwn 5-10m), then 120cals on the airdyne…..
    Was good watching everyone work on the double Grace though!

• A: Spent too much time fiddling about at lower weights. I ended up doing the last one at 35kg and I will go more next time. Need to stop taking the easy path!
    B: [email protected] (1RM is 45kg). Broke them down into 5s and clawed my way through them, then into 3s nearing the end. Need to brush up on a few things here!

• KJ says:

Oooh. Very scary opening up the Adapt page and seeing a picture of yourself! I look a bit scary.
    A: Worked in 5kg increments up to 70kg. Only did one split jerk at this weight – as I did not feel comfortable dropping that much weight back down to the front rack position to go again.
    B: Went rx for a Grace time. New PB by 13 seconds. (2.48mins)
    Waited a full minute and a half, before starting the next 30 reps. Finished in 8.30 or 8.40 (?) Had no strategy going into this and wasted a lot of energy in catching the bar each rep and strict pressing a number of the jerks. So, room for improvement next time.

A: Worked up to 65kg. Failed the first jerk at 70kg.
    B: Went FF @ 35kg. 7:28. Probably could have gone for the 40. This felt pretty steady. Pretty happy to have a session with no plyometric or bodyweight stuff in it for the first time in ages haha. Just barbells – my favourite.

A: 60kg
    B: 9:00(?) rx
    Elbows are a bit sore today and legs are a bit tired from the weekend!

• eliza says:

A – didn’t work very hard
    B – FF @ 25kg 7.44