Overhead Complex, wall balls and T2B

Friday 20.02.15

Snatch drills w Coach Craig

Craig giving Rob some pointers…..or maybe Rob giving Craig some pointers

Strength

• 15 mins to establish max for the complex – 1 Push Press + 1 Push Jerk + 1 Split Jerk

Conditioning

• 21-18-15-12-9-6-3
  • Wall balls 10/6
  • Toes to Bar
  • FF
  • 15-12-9-6-3
  • Wall Balls
  • Situps

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

sean

A: 50kg (I think) I may have done 45 though. Hmmmmmmm
    B: FF 4:15. Then some practice T2B. T2B are very inconsistent, hence busting out the FF option. I kind of wish I had tried RX.

• A: 35kg
    B: FF. I have no idea of the time. I was worrying so much about Wall Balls that I didn’t read the board (or use my ears) to see that it went down to 3 reps, but not back up to 15. I had it mentally in my head to climb the ladder, so I feel I didn’t go as heavy with the ball as I should have. On the plus side, Wall Balls felt better today, and I only brained myself once. I did lose control and almost skittled some poor folks again, but I’m going to take that as a win!

On a side note, I crazily signed up for the Open yesterday. If I can, anybody can, so sign up folks! πŸ™‚

A. 45kg – had to do the jerk again because it went out in front. Need to keep the confidence up to put the bar directly overhead.
    B. FF. 7mins something. Really liked the wall balls after the rep range went down. Fun times πŸ˜€

• KJ says:

Oh my goodness! Just did the online test for Judging the crossfit open haha…I don’t know if I should be admitting this (!?) but I failed the first part about 10 times! The same question every time too!
    Anywho…
    A: 65kgs – all good.
    B: 11.02 rx
    This was a good test of a few things; me and wall balls and staying happy. And 80 odd t2b without ripping. Tried no chalk/ no grips. πŸ‘

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: 100KG
    B: 8:52 as prescribed

A: Managed 52.5kg pretty well, thanks Sara for chucking the 1.25s on and making me have a go. Pretty stoked as my 1rm for Push Press and 2rm for Push Jerk before today was 50kg (separately too)

B: Went FF and finished in 5:18.

• Amelia says:

A. 52.5
    B. 11.32 (started rx but changed to sit-ups due to rip in hand. Did double the amount of sit-ups to try keep it even) fun WOD