Clean & Jerks and a Partner Workout

Thursday 19.2.15

The Open is 8 days away, have you signed up?

Strength:

• 3 position clean + 1 split jerk

EMOM: 6 minutes

• 1 clean & jerk @80% of above

Conditioning:

Partner WOD

6min

• Partner 1: Deadlift hold @75/50kg
  • Partner 2: Handstand Push up/Push up

1min Rest

4min

• Partner 1: Bumper Plate Overhead Hold 20/10kg
  • Partner 2: Burpees

1min Rest

• Partner 1: Plank Hold
  • Partner 2: Double unders

*Alternate effectively for max reps

Post loads and reps to comment section below.

A: 55kg. Failed/didn’t really properly attempt the high hang at 60kg.
    B: Worked at 55kg. Bit sore and sorry this morning, didn’t do the last rep to save my sad arms.
    C: Worked with KJ and we were probably a bit fast out of the blocks 😛 Working rx we managed:
    – 127 HSPUs
    – 70 burpees
    – 181 double unders
    My shoulders are so smoked and I’m feeling happy about my next three days of rest!

A. 40kg. These felt good. I only just made the high hang at 40kg, so called it there.
    B. 30kg. Probably a little light, but it felt good to get some solid jerks out.
    C. Worked with Martina. I think we got:
    – 83 push ups (I did mine from the knees)
    – 40 burpees
    – 98 skips.
    I was so excited to get 16 double unders in a row, I haven’t done double unders for ages, so it was a surprise to get a PB.

• A. 90kg. Was quite comfortable. But wasn’t keen to go more. A bit banged up from futsal last night!
    B. 90kg. No fails but the last couple got a bit dirty.
    C. Worked with Morty.. No idea what we got up to but got a sweat on.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

Trained @10am with Craig this morning on the back of some quality morning classes.

A: Worked up to 110kg

B: 95kg & a final rep at 100kg

C: Scores of i think 116/66/160 something along those lines

• A: 37.5kg (I think…) That high hang though… :S
    B: 30kg.
    C: What Amanda wrote. I did single unders. Fun working with Amanda again, it’s been too long. 🙂

• eliza says:

A – just worked to 40kg, that was enough today
    B – Again nice and light 25kg, resting my hands
    C – worked in a group of 3
    – 107 pushups
    – 72
    – 120? cant remember the last one
    Thanks coach Ben and Craig for the warm up

• KJ says:

A: 65kg
    B: 6 @ 55kg
    C: what Kathleen wrote 🙂
    This was a shoulder burner! Especially that plate hold over the head!

A: Very shoddy jerk at 65, started to push it, but just dropped it instead.
    B: Worked at 55kg. Felt nice and solid
    C: Worked with Olli – I did the boys rx weight so we didnt have to change out. Not sure our exact numbers, just kept going.