Handstands and Power Cindy

Wednesday 18.02.15

KathandDanHSPU

Kath & Dan doing HSPUs

A: 10 min handstand development: holds, walking, HSPU, freestanding HSPU

B: 12 mins to est. heavy single power clean

C: Power Cindy

1 Power Clean + 1 round of Cindy (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats)
2 Power Cleans + 1 round of Cindy
3 Power Cleans + 1 round of Cindy…

*Keep adding one Power Clean to each round for a total of 10 minutes.

RX weights: 75/50kg
FF weights: 50/35kg

Post loads and rounds to comments.

A: fun – haven’t done this for a while, but good fun – struggle with consistency on the walking though.
    B: 65kg
    C: Got to 3rd pullup in the round of 5 RX – I much prefer power Cindy than normal Cindy!
    Great working with Kim!!!

A. Nothing much to say. It’s been a while so happy not to have gone backwards.
    B. 80kg with two fails @90kg. Mostly psychological.
    C. 3 cleans into round of 6 RX. Pretty satisfied ’cause that’s obviously near the upper end of lifts for me. Much less smoked than yesterday.

• Amelia says:

A) 55kg
    B) 1 clean in 5th round

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: Messed around with some free standing holds and walks
    B: Got to 110kg, and missed 115kg twice because of depth
    C: 7rds + 8cleans

A: did some HSPU and some free standing and attempted walking. Still only get 3-4 steps before stacking.

B: 62.5! PB yay! Previous 1rm was 60kg and that was set a while ago. (July last year) so glad to get a PB tonight. Failed 65kg twice but should have followed through, on my last attempt the bar landed on my chest I just bailed on the lift. Craig gave me 1 Burpee, fair enough.

C: pretty stoked with this workout, I got 2 PCs in the round of 5. Worked hard on keeping push ups tight, they got a bit worse as the WOD went on, but were still ok at the end. Scaled pull ups to ring rows but worked at 50kg.

A: Yep – still can’t free stand for very long.
    B: Equal PB at 65kg. Did it easily but failed 70kg 3 times. Was very close. Even Sean said it was a good attempt – so it must have been ok! Got to work on getting a little lower instead of wider.
    C: 5 of 6 cleans RX (subbed with ring rows though).

• eliza says:

A – some upside down time
    B – 52kg, happy with this, think its my highest