Front Squat, Floor Press and Burpees, YAY

Tuesday 17.02.15

Jimmy getting the work done in team WOD 3 #smashclash #kettlebells #adaptcf #crossfit

Jimmy nailing some KB tater @ Smash Clash last year

Strength

• 15 mins to work to a Heavy Single Front Squat
  • 10 mins to work to a Heavy 5 Floor Press

Conditioning

• 21-15-9-15-21
  • Thrusters 20/15
  • Burpees
  • FF option
  • 15-12-9-12-15
  • Thrusters 15/8
  • Burpees

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

A: 75kg – then I fell on the floor!
    B: 35kg – although I failed the last one……
    C: got 12 thrusters into the last round of 21…. oh boy this was so much fun….. I was tempted to join the 6:30 class and do it all over again!

• Warmup: FFS! lol This really needs it’s own mention – truly brutal. 😉
    A: 47.5kg
    B: 30kg
    C: FF with 15kg bar. Got 2 Thrusters into the last round of 15. Got further than I thought. I really need to address the burpees though. Will add those to my list of things to learn.

A. 110kg. An equal PB from back before my hamstrings went south. Felt good but waiting to see if they flare up.
    B. 80kg. Think I might be able to make an 85kg on a good day.
    C. Well this one left me gasping on the floor. A good thing? 10 burpees into last round.

A. 55 kg – still working on the wider feet position
    B. 25 kg. Getting used to these.
    C. FF with 15 kg bar. Got 6 burpees in the second round of 12. I had flashbacks to 14.5.
    Going to miss Sean’s warm ups 🙁 They suck but I always feel like I squat better after them.

• Amelia says:

A) 65, failed 70
    B) 40kg
    C) 13 or so burpees on the last round of 21

• A. 130kg – Big PR for me.. although hadn’t done 1RM FS for a long time.
    B. 5x 100kg
    C. 11 Burpees in the last round of 21. Rx.

A: 80kg – new 1RM. Worked with Tessa who pretty much warmed up with my old 1RM, so strong!
    B: 40kg. I still don’t like these. They feel so wonky.
    C: Timed out with 11 burpees left (rx option). Just checked my score from last time and I improved by 10 burpees! By the time I’d finished it was like I’d showered in my own sweat. Gross.

A. Got 125kg which was a 8kg pb

B. Got upto 85kg

C. Got 1 thruster into the last round. Last time we did this i only got 5 burpees into the round of 9 so i pretty big improvment

A: 67.5kg, a 2.5kg PB. Wanted to try 70kg (which I failed a few weeks ago) but ran out of time.

B: only worked up to 35kg, these felt solid but was my first ever attempt so didn’t push it too much. This one is a weird movement!

C: this was feral. Wasn’t feeling particularly energetic either. Finished 5 of 15 thrusters going back up in FF version (but with 15kg bar)

A: Still can’t break through 90 🙁 Have a double there, tried 95 twice and failed.
    B: Worked up to a set of 5 at 55kg.
    C: Did FF but with a 15kg bar. Finished 9.12. Realised that FF only really knocks off 18 reps from the total, maybe should have tried the Rx lol. But it was sucky already. Thrusters were my rest.

• eliza says:

A – 65kg happy with that, prob need to test 1RM, it was hot

B – 40kg for 5, last week I did 45kg for 2! So prob need to check that! Getting used to these, but on the floor sucks balls still.
    C – Too hot, went home. 🙂