Front Squats, Floor Press & a Running Clock

C: 12 min running clock:
800m run (record time); then with remaining time:
AMRAP:
10 wall balls @ 20/14lb
10 sit-ups
10 OH KB swings @ 24/16

Post loads, 800m run time and rounds to comments.

A. 90kg.
    B. 80kg. Almost managed a second rep at 90kg.
    C. Run 3:09. Apparently I am a master of consistency. Checked MyWOD and my last 3 rounds in a row have been 3:09.
    4 rounds and 10 sit-ups. I will never like wall balls. Today I had one of the balls with a weird centre of gravity so it kept twisting out of my grip. Even more bleagh than usual.

A: 60kg (right on 80%) – tough, but glad they were only sets of 3!
    B: 45kg – I had to hit my ‘be like Jamie zone’ and this felt good – bit wobbly so didn’t try 50 – but good on Sharon for hitting 50 easily!
    C: 3:24 and then 4 rounds and 2 OHKBswings

• A: 35kg
    B: 30kg
    C: The run was the best part of this for me, which is strange because it used to be the part I dreaded most… Wall Balls hate me as much as I hate them I think, used the yellow one mostly. Almost took a few folks out at one point when I lost control of it! Sit ups ok, OHKB a challenge for me. I think I need KB lessons as I just feel wrong when I do them. 4.41 for the run and 2 rounds + 10 Wall Balls. BALLS!

A. 35kg. Working on a new squat technique, with wider feet and more control (eg. not dropping down to the floor).
    B. 30 kg
    C. 5.45 run and 2 rounds +5 wall balls. I tried really really hard on the run and was so happy that I thought I PR’d. But it was not to be, my PR from last year is 5.10. But still happy that I pushed myself.

• KJ says:

A: can’t remember? Think it was 55 or 65??? It was not heavy enough..I just slacked off a bit on this.
    B: First time doing these! Bizarre. Got up to 65kg…a little wobbly.
    C: hmmm…running 😜 800m in 3.39 then 6 rounds plus 26. Walked away feeling pretty good. By 3pm at work – I was ready for bed!

A: Worked at 75kg.
    B: First time doing this. Got a double at 55, single at 60.
    C: Run at 4:04(?) approx. Way over my pb of like 3:20 something. But made up for it by smashing in the rounds to get 5 even.

Amelia