“The Chief”

Tuesday 10.02.15

Burpee x100 in team WOD 3 at #smashclash #crossfit #adaptcf #burpees #airtime @shagsywagsy @canberra_life

Elaine and Sharon at Smash Clash last year

The Chief:

5 x 3 min rounds (AMRAPS) of:

• 3 power cleans @ 60/40kg
  • 6 push-ups
  • 9 squats

Rest 1 min between rounds

FF weights: 40/25kg

– start where you finished in the last round –

Post total rounds and reps to comments.

So I thought yesterday was awful and they’d be nice to us today. I don’t why I keep deluding myself like that. Not much to say. 19rd + 1 clean. Bleeeaaggh!
    Sure I’ve done this before but no record in MyWOD. So I’ll call this a PB. That’s OK isn’t it?
    Oh, and Karen beat me RX. Good stuff. It’s up to her to catch Ewen now. My work is done.

I’ve been using beyond the whiteboard, so not putting my results here… and I REALLY miss reading yours each day, you always give me a giggle, so now I’m going to try and at least read this blog each day still!

16 Rounds and 2 Pushups for me today. I was pleased with this because I was a little scared for some reason on going RX.

What actually slowed me down was the pushups today. They hurt after the first 8 rounds I reckon…

• Amelia says:

Chief: 20 rounds and 1 push up (RX). was surprised to PR as I wasn’t feeling the best.

• FF with knee-toe push ups. 15 + 4 squats. My first real go at a named WOD, so feeling a bit chuffed about that. It was definitely the push ups that got me on this one. Brutal, but I loved it!

15 rounds + 2 PC at 25kg. Last time I did this I got 10 rounds at 35kg. Felt that I pushed myself a lot today. I also had a bit of a game plan and was able to maintain 3 rounds for each split. Would like to try 40 kg next time as the power cleans were pretty easy.

• Worked with Kenny… She is a machine!
    22 Rounds + 6 Push Ups Rx
    Legs cooked but I think it was a PR by a couple of rounds.
    Enjoyed this

Last time in December i got 20 rounds flat today knocked out 22 + 2 power cleans pretty stoked about that had to crash the bus big time though

My first attempt at The Chief tonight and I lived to tell the tale! Was aiming for 20-25 rounds and landed smack bang in the middle with 22 rounds + 3 power cleans rx. Worked with Rosey who kept me honest (thanks!). And thanks to Ben M for the good push up tips!

Ouch! I will feel this tomorrow thats for sure. Last attempt at this was July 2013 and I got 12 rounds + 3 PC (was also my first ever RX weight in a WOD). My aim today was to beat my last score, wasn’t sure it would happen after watching heat 1 and feeling very drained. I got 18 rounds and 3 PC, which is an extra 108 reps….I am stoked! Limiter was squats after yesterday (where I subbed DUs for lunges)

Will feel this tomorrow that’s for sure.