Snatch Complex, Pull-up Vol & a Chipper

Monday 2.02.15

A: snatch + snatch balance + OH squat

B: pull-ups VOL
6 min EMOM:
2-5 strict pull-ups
filler: double-unders (10-25 UB)

C – For time (10min cap):
RX:
40 box jumps @ 24/20″
30 HSPUs
20 burpees
10 bar muscle-ups

FF:
30 box jumps
20 HSPU / push-ups
15 burpees
10 pull-ups / *hard ring rows
* feet need to be well in front of the rings – eg. they should be hard

Post loads and notes to comments.

• kirsten says:

A: worked up to 27.5 – need to work on moving faster under the bar
    B: 2 pull ups with red band
    C: FF – push ups and ring rows – 6.50? i think?
    my push ups are getting better – WOO!

A: 40kg – failed the 45kg lift at the snatch…
    B: 3 pull ups with orange – this got tough by round 3!
    C: FF (HSPU and kipping pull ups) – 9:03. kipping pull ups are getting better thanks to Bec and Craig…. still need lots of work though!
    Great Monday morning session

A. Only up to 50 but felt like I had pretty good technique today (by mum eager standards) so I’m satisfied.
    B. Sets of 5.
    C. Did this “RX Lite”. That is, RX numbers but subbed C2B for the muscle ups. Still not sure if I appreciate the “encouragement” from Luke to do it. Must say I was impressed with him doing it all RX.

A) Worked up to 55kg. I think I had 60+kg available, but ran out of time. Thanks to Coach Bec for the extra hint of pushing through with my chin.
    B) 2 Reps a round with the Blue band and was stringing together about 5 DUs at a go.
    C) 4:43 – FF – Ring Rows.

Oh if you haven’t done so yet, I would really suggest giving this Beyond The Whiteboard a try. I think it’s awesome!!!

• A: 20kg Felt happy with the movement. Lost my balance, but Coach Becca’s tip about reaching for the ceiling from the ribcage helped heaps.
    B: Ring Rows
    C: 7.30. Small box, push ups (doing knee-toe rotation), stepping burpees and Ring Rows. I think I might be ready to graduate to the next height box. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Marc D. says:

A) Worked up to 65. Got it on the second attempt.
    B) Sets of 5. Had to break up the last two sets.
    C) Enjoyed this one! Started with the thought that I would be happy to get to muscle ups. Surprised myself and finished in 9:34 RX.

• KJ says:

A: 55kg. This felt good. Did not try any heavier.
    B: 3 each round.
    C: knew I would get stuck on BM Ups.๐Ÿ˜œ finished the first 3 moves in 4 minutes…then spent 6 minutes working of BMU. Got 2 …and many more failed reps.
    Thanks Tiff for jumping in to count my reps ๐Ÿ™‚

A: 40kg then 45kg without the snatch balance – I hate dropping the bar on my traps and it hurts my shoulder. Failed 50kg snatch.
    B: Maintained 4 unbroken strict pull ups for all sets.
    C: 4:54 rx with ring rows instead of pull ups to protect my hand. Ring rows are so hard, I had to break the 10 reps into 5-3-2! Worked with Mads who smashed it – awesome HSPUs!

A: 55kg felt really good, and was my best snatch of the night, but then failed 60kg in the last minutes. Maybe would have got it with a bit more rest.
    B: started with 2 on a yellow band, then moved to orange band half way through when I started failing
    C: enjoyed this. Did FF with HSPU and finished 7:14.

A: got 40kg but my snatch wasn’t great so didn’t go any higher.

B: JUST managed 2 reps each round on red band. This was hard and I was expecting to do much better than I did!

C: finished FF in 8:24. Did HSPU and ring rows. Happy with the HSPU especially, that’s the most I have done in a small amount of time before, got them out in around 6 minutes