Zercher Squats, Pendlay Rows and 13.4

Friday 23.01.15

6:30am crew heat 1 - hitting #thrustersAndDoubleUnders #adaptcf #train

Just a reminder that the gym is closed on Saturday and Monday this long weekend. Have a top Australia Day

Strength

• 5×3 Zercher Squat
  • 3×8 Pendlay Row

Conditioning

• 7 min to climb the ladder
  • 3 Situps
  • 3 Clean and Jerks 40/25
  • 6 Situps
  • 6 C&J
  • 9….

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

sean

• A1: 35kg
    A2: 25kg
    B: FF – completed 12s, got 2 Sit Ups into the 15s. Used 20kg for the C&Js.

A: worked up to 35kg – yes this was weird
    B: 30kg
    C: RX – however my T2B got completely S%&T and I was all muddled up – only got to 8th T2B in round of 9. Good workout though

A. 70kg. Thanks Pete (I think).
    A handy tip for later sessions – wrap wrist straps around the bar (and/or but sweat bands on your elbows). No, really.
    B. 50kg. Seems too light the first 3 reps but then feels too heavy the last one or two. Hard to resist the urge to move your back more.
    C. Went light because of sore traps/neck but did T2B. 1 lift in round of 15. A note on the beyond the whiteboard entry – I think it has the C&J first so I left off my 15 T2B – can’t see how edit my entry on mobile app.

• KJ says:

A: 45kg. Liv and I watched and cheered on Karen as she did 50! Then laughed coz we ran out of time…so just Karen was in beast mode for this one haha.
    B: 35 40 then 45kg
    C: was super keen to beat my score from 2013. Happy to say I did, by 35 reps, almost doubling my score. Got one C&j into my round of 15. Liv also beat her last score 😉

A1) 102kg.
    A2) 62kg
    B) FF version – 13 Situps into the Round of 18.

• “The Unicorn”: 5k Row, 100 Burpees. Split how you like.
    I did 4 Rounds of 1250m Row, 25 burpees. Finished in 27:49. There was probably some other stuff after that but I don’t remember too good. 13.4 was 15/15 t2b I think.

A: increased weight with each set….25, 35, 40, 45 & 50. Hurts the arms! Sara and I used a towel.

B: 35kg. These need work, I am not very good at them!

C: started with T2B, got 2 into round of 6 but they were too slow and I couldn’t string them together so scaled to sit ups. Kept weight at 35kg. Shoulder feels a lot better doing the jerk this week, so I am happy!

A: worked up in jumps of 10-20 and got to 85kg. Probably could have tried another if we had time.
    B: 35,40,40
    C: last time I did this it was with knee raises. Did it Rx with t2b and got to 5 of 9 c&j. Was struggling to string t2b together today and all were single reps, too much dropping off the bar!

A. 40kg
    B. 35kg
    C. FF with 30kg. Finished the situps in the round of 15.

• A. 110kg
    B. 60kg
    C. 10 C&J in the round of 12 Rx
    felt very fatigued tonight.. should have done better