Heavy Single Back Squat, 1RM Press and Partner AMRAP

Tuesday 20.01.15

Post 'GRACE' coffee chill out. Mads & Coach B working hard! #adaptCF #chillout #grace #crossfit #coffee #community

Post WOD coffee

Strength

• 20 mins to work to a Heavy Single Back Squat
  • 10 mins to hit 1RM Press

Conditioning

• Partner 12 min AMRAP – alternating rounds
  • 7 T2B
  • 7 Clean and Jerk 50/35
  • 7 Lateral Bar Burpees
  • FF option:
  • 7 Situps
  • 7 C & J 35/35
  • 7 Burpees

Post loads, rounds and training notes to comments

• Mark says:

A: Got 90kg ok, felt easy. Went for 100 (5kg PB) but not to be.
    B: Strict press at 48kg. This may be a PB by 1kg, will need to check my records.
    C: Smashed out the FF option with Ray. Good times.

A: 80kg – legs felt solid, but my traps hurt holding the bar 🙁
    B: 35kg
    C: worked with Zoe doing RX (although a couple of T2B didn’t work, so I snuck in a couple of situps instead).

• A: I got out the old 8kg bar again and put 2.5kg on each side. Really want to get the movements right this time around. Just practiced form rather than weight.

B: Used the 15kg bar. This was going ok, so added 5kg. That was alright. I then put 10kg on and got that overhead, but with a bend at the knees. Last attempt at this weight on strict got me to head, but not enough in me to push it up. Pleased with that though! 🙂

C: Worked with KJ today. Did Sit Ups, regular Burpees and started off with 20kg. Realised I couldn’t sustain the 20kg, so did bar only from then on. I did 3 rounds.

Thanks to KJ and Prue for the tips and support. ♥

A. 70kg. Happy with this. My 1rm is 80kg.
    B. 30kg. So close to getting 33.5kg. 1rm is 33 ha ha. I have not progressed on my strict press for ages.
    C. FF with 35kg. Was surprised that this started to feel heavy as I am usually pretty good with the push jerks. Hannah and I got through 5 rounds.

A) 115kg. Not too bad. 1RM is 120. Went for 125 and failed.
    B) 60kg no issues, but arms were tired from Monday, so couldn’t equal current PB of 65kg.
    C) Worked with Mark K on the FF version, finished 5 rounds and 3 burpees.

• Ben M says:

A) only got to 100kg felt heavy did 3 at this weight.
    B) 50kg 5×3 shoulder playing up so did some ring rows as fillers
    C) worked with Matt. 9 rounds and change this sucked!!
    Was not really awake for the session but was there in body.

A: started at 40kg increasing by 5kg each set. Intention was to hit 80kg which is current 1rm but we ran out of time so I only got to 70kg. Felt strong though!

B: shoulders are feeling a bit smoked, but I still managed 1 at 35kg. Failed 36kg, even though I got 2 @ 35kg last week. Oh well.

B: partnered with Sara. Didn’t want to make too slow progress so I went for sit ups but still went 35kg. Did jerks in first round but as above, shoulders are smoked and felt sluggish and sore so did 10 power cleans in the remaining rounds. We got through 7 rounds plus 10 power cleans.

• David N says:

A: Back Squat: got 1 RM of 100kg on the second attempt. I often work my %’s off 100kg but have never been able to actually get it before. 🙂

B: Strict Press: 55kg (1RM) previous was 52kg

C: Managed T2B unbroken, LBB’s slowed me down a lot though.

• Karl Buchhorn says:

A: worked up to 150kg for a single from 60kg
    B: hit 75kg for a single here
    C: worked out with Josh from Tweed Heads not too sure how many rounds we cranked out. Good hit out though

• A. Worked up to a single at 150kg
    B. 77.5kg failed 80kg
    C. Worked with Deane. 4 lat burpees short of 9 rounds Rx

A: Worked up to 105 – not in 1RM territory, but felt good
    B: 37.5kg. Still cant hit that 40 again
    C: Worked with Mel in FF and got 4 full rounds each and I got 4 C&Js into my 5th round.

Nothing spectacular to report today.
    A: 85kg, failed 90kg (didn’t match PB)
    B: 35kg, failed 40kg twice (didn’t match PB)
    C: Worked with Andrea – not sure how many rounds we got. I worked rx and was smoked by the end. Forearms blew up.

• Sam B says:

A: 112.5kg – a new 1RM!

B: 50kg, which isn’t a new 1RM, but which I haven’t been able to lift for over 12 months, so improvements all round…

C: Worked with Brendo, took the Rx option, 6 rounds (3 each) and 6 C&J by Brendo. I really want to learn to string T2B together…