OHS, accessory work & tabata

Friday 16.01.15

box

Strength

• A. 3×10 Overhead Squat @ 60% of 1Rm
  • B1. 3×10 One-arm Strict Press (ea side)
  • B2. 3×10 Kroc Rows (ea side)

Conditioning

• Tabata Mashup – 8 rounds each, alternating
  • KB Swings 24/16
  • Situps

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

A. 30kgs, nearly lost it at rep 6 on the last set, but struggled on
    B1 – used dumbells as I’m awkward enough already, 10kgs on left, 5kgs on right (dodgy shoulder)
    B2. 16kg kettlebell
    C. 7 sit ups and 10 swings

A: 30kg. I liked this one. First set was tough as, second two were good.
    B1: 10kg KB – awkward, but a good movement
    B2: 16kg KB, yeah ok. Couldn’t do right arm due to bung elbow…..
    C: 11 KB swings and 10situps…. yeah this was actually pretty good fun!

• Liv says:

A: I subbed out because my knee is still a bit swollen so did deadlifts instead. 10 reps @ 45,55 & 65kg
    B1: Used 8kg KB and it felt really good Yay! First time to do a comfy strict press with my left shoulder..
    B2: 12 kg – these felt good too
    Conditioning:
    Decided to use a 24kg KB (as I said that I will go heavier for these in a post last week). Maintained same numbers for each round
    KB swings: 12 reps
    Situps: 10 reps – I had a pretty raw graze on my tailbone from when I did situps earlier this week but grimaced through them. It certainly let me know it was still raw when I got in the shower after training this morning, yeowchy 😛

A) 40kg for this. Hard but doable.
    B1) 16kg.
    B2) 24kg.
    C) 9 Situps and 13 KB Swings.

Oh also past halfway for January Whole30. Only 14 Reps.. I mean days to go!!!

• KJ says:

A. 45kg for the 3 sets. Was a good weight for me (thanks Ivan)
    B: one of them at 8kg one of them (starting a lawnmower one!) at 12kg
    C. 12 sit ups and 13 kb swings
    I enjoyed this workout.

• Cindyd says:

A: 30kg, still a but if work to do in these, thanks for the pointers Coach B

B1: 10kg for strict
    B2: 12kg for row…should have went heavier.

C: Used 16kg KB.
    Maintained 12 KBS & 10 sit ups…except last round was 13 & 12…

A: 35kg for first round, 37.5kg for the last 2. Felt pretty good!

B: I am pretty unco so could only manage 8kg ffor strict press. 12kg for the row.

C: maintained 12 KBS and 10 sit ups each round, except the last one when I got 13 and 12. Liked this one!

• eliza says: