Snatch Complex, Bumper Plate fun

Thursday 16.01.2015

Kettlebell practice

A: Snatch Complex

Snatch + Hang Snatch + 2 Overhead Squats

B: 3×10 Unbroken Hang Snatch @50-60% of Above

(Focus on efficient cycling of reps)

C – RX:

• 20 Overhead Plate lunge 20/10kg
  • 20 Plate burpees
  • 400m run with plate

C – FF:

• 13 Overhead Plate Lunge
  • 13 Plate Burpees
  • 400m with plate
  • scale: bumper plate to appropriate weight or work without a plate

Post loads,times and training notes to comments below or BTYB

Karl Buchhorn

A: 40kg
    B: 3 @25kg from the high hang, I find high hang easier for cycling reps.
    C: 10:26(?) rx. The run never gets less awkward.

• Brendo says:

A: 50kg with a tweaked wrist.
    B: 2 @ 30kg and then after some encouragement from Karl did the last set @ 35kg
    C: 11:10 RX. This was tough, but glad to finish in a reasonable time and, for the first time ever, ahead of Coach B! Woo!

• Liv says:

Still not doing squatting movements so subbed a couple of things today (no different from any other day this week!)
    A: Power snatch and hang power snatch – worked up to 40kg – felt heavy and wanted to squat them
    B: Power snatches from high hang @ 25kg – felt like they were cycling really well, focused on bar direction going up and not muscling it.
    C: Rx – Subbed ground to overhead (with bumper) for OH lunges and finished just after the buzzer. Not much in the tank this morning, I was in no rush to finish the last 400m shuffle πŸ˜›

A; 40kg, felt pretty good. Coach B gave some tips on getting less air time, so focused on keeping my feet on or closer to the ground. Was difficult but reps felt pretty good!

B: 1st round at 20kg, then was told it was too light and to increase to 25kg. This was difficult but was easier to cycle than 20kg.

C: went for RX reps, but subbed the run for 10 cal on the airdyne, so had that part pretty easy. Still took me 11:41 to finish. My cardio is shocking so all this cardio work this week has been great!

Hmmm… My day off to go mountain biking. Then I made the mistake of coming in when I dropped the kids off.
    So…
    A. 17km
    B. 50kg on the complex. Not very heavy. Can I blame the awkwardness of snatching in padded bike shorts?
    C. 30kg. Tried not to notice Kenny doing it at 35kg (fortunately for me the big boys, and Ewen, were behind me).
    D. 10:17 RX. And I beat Ewen. There’s life in the old dog yet.

• eliza says:

A – 30kg
    B – 20kg high hang
    C – 9.44 RX, happy with that πŸ™‚
    Thanks coach Sean as always for the laughs

A. 22.5kg went super well then I tried 25kg a couple of times and stuffed up a few of the movements.
    B. 15kg from high hang.
    C. FF version with a 5kg plate. 14.30ish.

• KJ says:

A: complex at 55kg
    B: 3×10 at 25kg (maybe could have tried 30kg)
    C: 8.29 mins Loooong 400m runs with a plate in hand!
    Celebrating an injury free week πŸŽ‰

• Kylie J says:

A. 40kg
    B. 25kg from high hang
    C. 11:05 Rx
    getting here today was half the workout, glad I made the effort, being consistent in training is one of my goals for this year

• A. 75kg.. Not lifting well tonight
    B. 2x 10 @ 50kg
    C. 13:12(?) Rx – more a shuffle then a run!