Pullup/Muscleup prac & some cardio

Tuesday 13.01.15

A mention of muscleups = Camille slow-mo muscleups

Technique

• 6 min Muscleup/Pullup development
  • 6 min EMOM 1-3 Muscleup/Strict Chinups

Strength

• 15 mins to work to a heavy triple deadlift

Conditioning

• 4 rounds for time
  • 400m run
  • 10 Burpees
  • 20 Air Squats
  • 30 Double Unders/90 singles

Post loads, times and training notes to comments

• Brendo says:

Worked on muscle ups for the first part and finally got a kipping muscle up after having strict in the bag for a few months now. EMOM I did these and I think I only got out 3 successful ones, but still pretty happy.
    B: got to 110kg. Could probably have gone heavier but DLs are always touch and go with my back so I played it safe.
    C: stuck in the 3rd round – curse you double-unders! Got very frustrated with myself and had a dummy spit. I felt I could have gone harder on the dummy spit, but I caved under pressure and lost commitment to it.

A: worked on muscle ups….
    well actually, I didn’t, I worked on pull ups on the yellow band. Then did one pull up on yellow band every minute (cannot do chin ups due to stupid elbow)
    B: 90kg – tapped out and didn’t try any higher, but this had me requiring a seat after every set.
    C: dropped my lungs somewhere out on the pavement on the 2nd run and visited struggle town again, got to 5 squats in the last round. ouch.

• eliza says:

5.30 am. WOW erggh, I think I was there.
    A – Worked on Pull ups, did one at a time no band.
    B – did some weight 65kg heavy triple, tried for 75kg, but should have gone for 70kg, by then I was like…. meh 5.30 am
    C – Sean laughed when I walked in, i figured out why when it came to this. Made it to 3rd round 10 air squats.
    Thanks Bron and thanks Coach Sean ๐Ÿ™‚

• Will_C says:

a)Worked on muscle up technique from a box which made me realise I still have a bit of work to do before I can muscle up!! But it is a training goal for this year!!
    Managed sets of 3 strict chin ups which all felt great
    B) 180kgs which felt good, love me some heavy DL’s!! focused on maintaining good form throughout each lift.
    C) 17:07 the run was the toughest part of all here, scored a stitch in the 3rd round but managed to suck it up and keep going.

A) Worked on Red Band Pull Ups. Got a couple…
    B) 2 Blue Band Chin Ups per round
    C) 120kg, took it slow and steady with these as last time I did a triple, my black did some funky clunks and I couldn’t bend over properly for 6 weeks.
    D) Did 90 Singles instead of DLs. Got to 30 Singles in the 3rd Round.

• KJ says:

A: had about 10 attempts at a MU today…but as Sean said, some days you just don’t ‘have it’. And today I didnt.
    B: think it was 3@95kg touch n go.
    They felt really good. Happy to have not pushed too hard though. Body has been a little broken.
    C: 13.40mins or something? First time doing double unders since calf tear last November. No pain = very happy girl ๐Ÿ™‚

• Cindyd says:

A: Mucked around doing some pull ups, some superman & hollow rocks. Then did 3 x strict EMOTM with an orange band.

B: Did 3 x 85kgs these felt good, then did 1 x 95kgs before I got a pain in my abs so I dumped the bar.

C: Subbed run for row & DU for Airdyne. Did this in 14:01.

I had a great PT session with Craig this morning & after last night’s push jerk freeze we spent the session working on tekkers…resulting in a PB. Great day in the box!

A. Managed to nail c2b butterflies for the 1st stringing 5 together easily. I feel like they make c2b roughly 400x easier then 2 kipping muscle ups except for failing in the 5th round.
    B. Worked upto 167kg and it felt good and only 5kg under my 1rm.
    C. 12 box jumps instead of the run due to the rain and i think i finished around 8 minutes to be honest i didnt look i was to excited about how well i did and beating coach craig for the first time (fuck yeah!) But kathleen was 8:12 and i was about 10 seconds ahead of her

• Kylie J says:

A. Practiced those dang pull-ups, then 1 chin-up per minute on yellow band
    B. 95kg
    C. don’t know time, finished 20 DUs after the bell. Really tough for me this one but good for me I’m sure!

A : Did a combination of strict and kipping MUs. The more I did the better they felt until fatigue kicked in.
    B: 3 @105kg. First rep was toughest.
    C: As Zac said, finished in 8:12 with box jumps instead of the run. Kept pace with Zac until the squats in the fourth round – legs were beat. So much sweat again.

• Liv says:

A: Started off with 3 strict pull-ups and felt a twinge in my right arm (front of elbow) – that was the end of that! Sheesh, not a great start to injury free 2015.
    B: Did 5 strict push-ups and some banded arm extension things that Craig showed me to avoid just doing push movements
    C: Subbed out most of this WOD but still worked up a massive sweat.
    4 rounds: 5 cal Airdyne, 10 burpees, 20 sit-ups & 90 single skips
    Not sure of my time, somewhere after 15 mins mark I think
    So broken – rest day tomorrow

A: worked on technique for kipping pull ups. Glad to have them back after losing them in December.

B: 3 strict chin ups on orange bands in first round then added yellow for the rest.

C: 3 @ 90kg. Last recorded 3rm was 85kg. Walked away from 95kg twice. …lifted it the third time but bailed on the second rep. Disappointing as my 1rm is 112.5kg.

D: subbed run for 10 cal on airdyne and DUs for 12 cal on rower. I feel like this was good timing wise. Finished after time was called at 21:10.