Front Squats & a Partner AMRAP

Friday 09.01.15

Making these Atlas ball lifts look easy... #awesome #crossfit #smashclash #adaptcf #boss @thewodlife @crossfitsmash

The guys at Smash Clash at the end of last year.

Strength

• A. 3×10 Front Squats @ 60% 1RM
  • B1. 3×8 Pendlay Row
  • B2. 3×10 Russian KB Swings (Heavy)

Conditioning

• Partner WOD; 3x 6 min AMRAPs – 1 min rest between AMRAPS
  • 1. ME Deadlifts 75/50
  •     100m run – partners swap after run
  • 2. ME Box Jumps 24/20
  •     15 KB Swings 32/24
  • 3. ME Row
  •     10 Push Press 40/25

Post loads, reps and training notes to comments

sean

Today was hard!
    A. worked at 35kgs, should have been 40 but 35 was hard enough
    B. rows at 30kgs and swings at 24kgs
    C. so much tougher than it looked. 1 min rest was only enough for transition. Worked with Debbie. 1011m row, 61 box jumps and 43 deadlifts

• kirsten says:

a: 35kg but only got time for 2 sets as we were a group of 3
    b: rows @ 25kg and swings @ 20kg
    c: this sucked! so tough! so sweaty.
    worked with Polly but im not sure what we got for DL… 85 box jumps (which i scaled to step ups coz my legs wouldnt jump… 🙁 ) and 1024 for the row

A: 40kg
    B: 25kg rows and 24kg KB swings – jeepers they stung!
    C: I was pooped 1 min and 45 seconds into the first set….. ouch.
    Worked with Elaine (who smashed it), we got 93 box jumps, 1033 on the rower and 93 Deadlifts!
    Still sweating 2 hours after workout.

• Elaine says:

A: 35kgs
      B: Did the rows at 25kgs and the KBs at 16kgs
      C:Surprised and really stoked we got through this. Fee and I went into this stuffed. Just tried to match Fee’s reps, she did an awesome job on the box jumps. Yes – I noticed I was still sweating after my shower and now I’m eating my steak and veggie lunch one hour early !

• Becca says:

Got to jump in for the met-con at the end of a PT session (missed perhaps the first 1-2 minutes? of the start of WOD).
    Jumped in with Luke and got 1014 on the rower (with a set missing from me), 80 deadlifts (doing 6 burpees instead of run), and 71 box jumps and swings at 24kg. Box jumps and swings were the worst for me – maybe because it was the last set? All in all though – pretty fun!

Worked with big Tim today – good times.

A. 50kg – pleased with these today. Back got a bit pinchy on the left towards the end of the reps.
    B. 40kg rows and 32kg swings
    C1 – 72 @ 75kg (pleasantly surprised by my back)
    C2 – 67 (I think)
    C3 – 1044m

• Liv says:

Seans warmup is never easy and it was a hard start of a tough session that was to come!! especially after seeing the carnage at the end of the 5:30 session – SWEATY! 😛

Strength A: 40kg for front squats (legs still sore from earlier this week)
    B1: 3 x 35kg for rows
    B2: 2 x 24kg & 1 x 32kg (I liked the 32kg swings, must do them more often)

Conditioning:
    This is one of the toughest WODs I can remember doing in a long time, partly because I’m smashed after this week and with being off for so long I kind of forgot what the pain cave felt like!
    Worked with KJ – We started with BJ & KBS
    – 101 BJ (24kg KB)
    – 1165m (finished my last 2 sets with front squats instead of PP)
    – 94 DL (was wet outside so 6 burpees instead of the run)

Great session, I’m still recovering from it and it’s going to be a long day!

A) Worked with Brendo – Sets done at 60kg.
    B) Rows at 40kg, and 32kg Kettlebell.
    C) 77 – Box Jumps, 1042m and 63 Deadlifts. Worked with Mark King.
    So much harder than it looked, especially the deadlifts.

• Brendo says:

From now on, he shall be referred to as Mark “The Man Stealer” King! Shane would never have betrayed me like that Ray. :p #justsayin

Agree with everyone’s comments on this. It was tough (but fun).

A. 35kg (only got 2 sets done).
    B. rows at 25kg and KB swings at 20kg. Should have gone 24kg for the swings.
    C. Worked with Elmira. 80 DLs, 50 box jumps and 902 m for the row.

• Brendo says:

A: 60kg
    B: 40kg for the rows and 32kg for the KBs
    C: After being dumped by Ray like a post-max-snatch bar, I went on alone. 32 DLs doing 1 min on each, 45 box jumps doing sets of 15 on each, and 820m on the rower doing 10 push press and then 1 min on the rower.

• Cindyd says:

Fun Friday sess

A: Did this at 35kg, which isn’t 60%… Should have went heavier.

B: 35kg Pendlay & 24kg KBS…..glad I’ve been doing loads of pendlay’s in PT, should have went heavier on KBS.

C: This was fun, I partnered with Ann.
    DL 89
    BJ 104
    Row 720

I screwed up …. I used the row as a rest because I thought we where counting PP reps…..sorry Ann I barely moved on the rower & killed myself on PP.

• Sam B says:

A: 60kg, hard work but got it done.

B1: 40kg
    B2: 32kg KB

C: worked with Matt in 6:30am session. I think we got 53 DLs, 64 box jumps and 1063 metres in the row. This circuit really showed up my weaknesses – the push press, and keeping up a good pace in the burpees and box jumps.

• Ben M says:

Bit late but oh well.

A) 60kg for these, legs are smoked
    B) 50kg rows slow and controlled with 32kg KB
    C) Worked with Jimmy, 101 DL’s, 115 BJ, 1293m.
    this was hot and sweaty

• eliza says:

A – 35kg, light but kept it this way
    B – 25kg rows and a 16kg KB
    C – Worked with Nay, thankgod! this was fun, fun , fun. well I tried to tell myself that anyway 🙂
    I think we did some kind of something, couldnt tell you as I can’t remember, but I do remember being impressed 🙂
    thanks coach sean! and of course my partner Nay