Pullups, Deadlifts and Thrusters

Wednesday 07.01.15

If you haven’t already, go checkout “The Result of Results: Taking your tracking to the next level” written by Coach James.

Gymnastics:

• 6min Max weight chin up
  • 6min ME kipping pull-ups

Strength:

• 8min EMOTM – 2 x Deadlifts (the focus is on speed) @ 50% of 1RM and with band

Conditioning:

21 – 15 – 9 – 15 – 21 (10min cap)

• Thrusters (20/15kg)
  • Burpees

Post loads and times to comments.

A: did my first pull-up! yippee. Cannot do chin up (due to injury), but got the pronated grip pull up and I am stoked. Time to work on these more.
    B: used orange band and did 4.
    C: 45kg with red band….felt slow, but was apparently medium – fast…. 😐
    D: loved this shiz………. not…. got to 10 thrusters in the last round of 21.

A: 20kg
    B: worked on some 15kg bent over row thing to protect my hand
    C: 55kg with orange band
    D: SO SWEATY. Timed out with 21 burpees left – shoulders were smoked leading into this and even more so afterward. Even after showering and being in my air conditioned building for an hour I’m still sweaty and red in the face.

A) Blue Banded and then Red Banded Pull Up.
    B) 4 Blue Band Pull Ups
    C) 70kg With Red Band.
    D) Got 6 Burpees into the Set of 15 going back up the ladder. This workout smashed me.

Yay – BTWB is great!
    A) Used a weight vest and worked up to 25kg
    B) Just did small sets to save the arms, only about 5-8 at a time – no ME after this week
    C) Had 4 burpees left at time out so finished off after the buzzer ~10:15
    Burpees AND Thrusters… Best. Day. Ever!

• Cindyd says:

A: 3:75kg…..wow *sarcasm*

B: Just did 3’s as my abs aren’t allowing much movement at the moment.

C: I’m still lying on the floor, I finished this 20mins ago and I still cant get up. Nothing about this wod helped my current broken body. Got 11/15 burpees going back up the ladder. Felt so unwell during this I contemplated running away, but I’m not allowed to fun at the moment FML.

Oops.. the deadlift part;
      90kg deads – Red band for a few then shared an orange to get more speed

• A: 28kg.
    B: 11-9-stopped, blister popped. Ouch.
    C: With with Mike G at 85kg for this.
    D: What. The. Fridge. 15?/21 burpees, stopped to lie down for a bit at about 9:30 and then proceeded to continue lying there until the timer buzzed. I may have been heard saying at some point: “Steveo can have this one.”

• Elaine says:

A: chin up with 3kg
    B: skipped this more forearm was playing up
    C: 45 kgs with an orange band
    D: sweat dogs all around – 6/15 burpees back up the ladder. Same as Ray 🙂

• Elaine says:

A: chin up with 3kg
    B: skipped this move – forearm was playing up
    C: 45 kgs with an orange band
    D: sweat dogs all around – 6/15 burpees back up the ladder. Same as Ray 🙂

A. 24kg i think

B. Few sets nothing over 10 though hands were not happy.

C. Worked at 80kg

D. Was so crap today think i had 4 or 5 burpees in the round of 9 my shoulders were just shot to bits

• Marc D. says:

Good to be back after a nice break.
    A) 32Kg. Then did strict pullups as my hands are struggling. Sets of 8.
    B) 80Kg – Nice amount of rest in this one
    C) This sucked! Got the second round of 15 done.

• Kylie J says:

A. yellow band work
    B. 55kg with orange band
    C. Got to 7 burpees in the last round of 21. 14 burpees left to go and there was no way I was thinking of finishing it.

• kirsten says:

just worked on pull ups – got a few (very dodgy) on red band so then went to red and yellow and was able to get 2 out at a time.
    worked @ 50kg and orange band
    9 burpees into second lot of 15.

• Sam B says:

A: Got 12kg, tried 16kg, just couldn’t quite get my chin over the bar…

B: 12, 10, 7 reps kipped.

C: 70kg with red band.

D: Finished the second round of 15 before timing out. Oh. My. Goodness! What was that?!? Whoever thought this one up needs therapy…