Snatch Complex and an AMRAP

• Power Snatch
  • TNG Power Snatch
  • Hang Snatch
  • OHS

B) Strength

• 3×10 Unbroken Power Snatch @ 50-60% of above
  • Focus on smooth cycling of reps

C) Conditioning

• AMRAP 8mins
  • RX:
    • 10x Pullups
    • 20x Box Jumps (24/20)
    • 40x Double Unders
  • FF:
    • 10x Ring rows
    • 20x Box Jump/Step Ups
    • 40x Double Unders/Singles

It’s the New Year so isn’t it time you started to log your workouts more seriously? Our new programming cycle has started so there is no better time to start writing it all down. I’ll be releasing a few articles in the coming weeks about BeyondTheWhiteboard, the tracking website I use for all my workouts. Watch out for these ones.

Post reps, loads and times to comments.

Great to be back with the 5.30 crew/family
    A. Kept it at 25kgs due to shoulder issues
    B. 20kgs, this got hard, but due mostly to cardio rather than strength issues
    C. Scaled to ring rows, 20 inch box and attempted double unders but counted singles as well, this approach worked really well, I still felt like I got to practise the DU but didn’t get bogged down on it. Got to 5 step ups on the third round.

A: 35kg – failed 40kg which sucked
    B: 20Kg – hands killed on this one – so just tried to keep consistent form
    C: 3 rounds, then a few ring rows. Love the rebound box jumps, although it took me a whole round to get co-ordinated with them.
    The start of welcome back to reality day was good!

A) 55kg – Luke and I just focused on getting things moving again
    B) 40kg – struggled with my Cardio on this one which didn’t bode well for C)
    C) RX, Blew up after round 1. Had a stitch, couldn’t control my breathing and my head was throbbing big time – welcome back. Ended up with 2 rounds + 5 box jumps.

So great to get back into training! 2015 is going to be a good year 🙂
    A: 35kg. Did the power snatches at 40kg but they were a bit gross so called it.
    B: 25kg.
    C: 3 rounds rx with 20ish seconds left. Got a blood blister on my hand in the third set of pull ups, so didn’t attempt any in the fourth round.

I think it will take a while for my hands to toughen up again!

• A: Up to 60kg pretty comfortably.
    B: 30kg – cycling with no pause at the hip.
    C: 3rds and 8 Box jumps. 4th set of pullups weren’t fun at all – 2 blisters and a few small rips.

• Coach B says:

Trained at the 10am session with Dean “not one more double under” Olhmus.

A: @40,50,60,70,80kg – managed to power snatch 90, tried for the TnG and ended up full snatching it (and failed) – so called it.

B: @50kg – got out of breath around the 8th rep in each set.

C: I let Deano go first and I’m so glad I did – It’s been ages since I’ve seen one of our crew hurl (3 rounds on the dot) – top effort mate! Happy New Year! then I went: managed 3 rounds + 16 box jumps (Damn you SteveO!)

We can blame it on Deane-o 😉 Nobody wanted to go that hard!

Strength) Hit 55kg for the complex and unbroken sets at 30kg, with a focus on stringing reps together without dropping to position 2.

WOD) Went RX and died in the box jumps (ouch) – 3rds + 20 box jumps on the buzzer, didn’t want to bother attempting double unders after I saw what happened earlier…

A) 50Kg, failed 55 in the hang snatch
    B) 30kg for this – No issues
    C) FF – Ring Rows and single skips – 2 Round 13 Box Jumps.

A. Got upto 60kg power snatches werent great though.

B. Worked at 35kg and actually felt like i was moving really well

C. 3 rounds + 5 box jumps did not feel very good at all during this

A: worked up to 40kg. Could have gone 45kg but I am pretty happy with 40kg.

B: worked at 20kg, these felt pretty good! Made sure I hit position 1 every time.

C: cardio is my biggest weakness at the moment so I actually trained twice today because this was a pretty good cardio workout. I did the FF version with step ups and subbed the DUs for 12 KB swings. 1st attempt I got 3 rounds and 20 step ups, 2nd attempt I got 4 rounds and 10 ring rows (finished the last 2 reps after the buzzer both times). I have always thought I train better in the afternoon, but I guess having a goal to beat always helps!

• Liv says:

Welcome back alright!!
    First physical activity session in 5 weeks (except Smash Clash) and I was definitely feeling it.. everything was heavy! Even the snatch warm up with the 15kg bar (seriously thought I picked up a 20kg!). The stifling heat at 5pm didn’t help either.

Strength A: Worked up to 35kg for the complex.. jee that was tough
    Shoulders were ok just not as comfortable as I’d like.

Strength B: 20kg – felt better cycling them after the first few reps

Conditioning: CARDIO HITT
    Started off Rx and 2 pullups in my shoulder was screaming as was one of my fingers on my right hand (screaming blood).
    Finished off the rest with ring rows and did plyo box jumps
    3 rounds and 5 ring rows.
    After 5 weeks off I think I have returned to my “Tinkerbell Hand” status, isn’t that right Annie 😉
    I really enjoyed the session and getting back into it, plenty to work on before the open starts next month 😛

• Sam B says:

A: First snatches in a while… Worked up to 45kg, trying to keep good form. Need to work on dropping under the bar.

B: Worked at 30kg.

C: 2 rounds and 7 box jumps (I think?). First round felt good, then I felt like I was going to throw up… Wow, the festive season had more of an impact than I realised.