“Palmer”

Friday 19.12.14

359389-private-scott-travis-palmer

Private Scott Travis Palmer, 27, was from Sydney based 2nd Regiment. He enlisted in the Australian Army in 2001. He undertook commando selection and training in 2006 and joined the 4th Battalion Royal Australian Regiment (Commando). This was his third tour to Afghanistan and was serving with the Special Operations Task Group where he tragically lost his life in a helicopter crash on Monday 21st June, 2010.

• 5 rounds
  • 2 Deadlifts 160/110
  • 3 Muscleups
  • 10 Pullups
  • 15 Box Jumps 24/20
  • Finish with a 1000m row or 1200m run

FF

• Deadlifts @ 100/70 or lower if needed, they are supposed to be heavy
  • 3 muscleups sub 6 C2B Pullups or 2 pushups + 2 Pullups x3
  • Pullups sub for banded pullups or ring rows

Post times and training notes to comments

sean

The FF option was quite enough for me today thanks very much. 100kg deads, C2B. 19:58. Phew. Still drained over an hour later. And lunchtime frisbee today for good measure.
    Please be nice to us tomorrow.

FF with 90Kg deads, 2PU,2PU option and ring rows.
    Was timing this so I finished my 5th round at 20mins, then bloody Coach Sean said that the timer will keep going…. so I jumped on the rower and finished somewhere about 23:35?
    Happy Friday everyone 🙂

FF with 80kg deads, ring rows /push ups and then more ring rows and a small box for the box jumps. Went through five rounds pretty quickly as I was determined to get a spot on the rower so I didn’t have to run. Made it to the rower and finished around 23.50 mins.

• Brendo says:

Thought I could get away with just scaling the deadlifts to 100KG, but the muscle-ups brought me unstuck. I did one full one and then flopped around “fish on a hook”-style for the second so decided to drop back to jump through muscle-ups. Thankfully I taped my hands last night so the pull-ups didn’t destroy those. I got through the workout in 23:35 (1200m run instead of the row – rowers were full).

Also very happy that my back feels great after doing deadlifts. Normally, anything 80KG+ shreds my back right up and I’m in some discomfort for a few days afterwards. Today, though, all good! Yay for getting stronger and stuff!

FF with 90kg and C2B (except for the last round when I tore my right hand so did ring rows) – 23:30? Opted for the run (shuffle).

Since i found out coops tried rx i had to aswell ended up getting 3 rounds and 1 deadlift in the 20 minutes then took the run to finish in 25:17

• eliza says: