Hit the ground running in 2015 with a Paleo Challenge
A few years back we tried to get a heap of people involved in a new year Whole30 / Paleo Challenge kicking off on the 1st of Jan. We’d like to start 2015 along the same lines. This year I wanted to simplify the message -> less “fire and brimstonet” and a little more practical/realistic advice…
In the original post I handed out some tough love… “Make a better decision…” I said. “Don’t make excuses…” I said. “Make the tough decisions right now to hit the ground running in the new year…”
If you’re anything like us I’m sure 2014 has been a busy year and chances are you’ve probably already started to let your nutrition slip – Christmas parties, drinks with friends and fams and perhaps more than the occasional treat for a quick “pick-me-up” as work/life has got you pretty stressed out, trying to finish off everything before shutdown?
This year I’m going to make it much simpler for you – I have just one piece of advice when it comes to your nutrition: “Just don’t go nuts…”
- If you’re going to have a drink – have one – enjoy it – but drink in moderation.
- If you’re going to smash some Christmas cake and custard – have some – enjoy it – but don’t over do it.
I don’t need to tell you what it is – you already know – and you’ll also know how you’ll feel afterwards, if you do – it’s your call.
What ever you end up doing from here until the end of the year I’d encourage you to hang out with the people you love and be patient with the ones you find harder to love. Be grateful for everything that is positive in your life and learn to be content with what you have (because the truth is that it’s much more than most people around the world) Look for opportunities to help out someone less fortunate then yourself and every day, try to have some fun -> tell a joke, make someone else laugh, make yourself smile…
That being said, I do think starting the new year with a Whole30/Paleo Challenge is a great way to dust off the cobwebs, create some fresh momentum in your health and fitness journey as well as develop some positive habits over the first month of the new year. So starting 1 January 2015 we’ll be jumping into a Paleo Challenge for 30 days…
If you’re keen to get involved let us know in the comments section – and I’ll shoot you out some extra info 🙂
Below I’ve attached some paleo resources – go check them out and let’s start 2015 with a bang!
Some Online Paleo Resources
- Paleo Challenge App (ios and android)
- Online Paleo Magazine
- A Good Summary of The Paleo Diet
- Mark’s Daily Apple
- Tonnes of useful info here
- Whole 9 Life – Plus here’s a bunch of their recipes
- Paleo Plan
- Everyday Paleo
- My Paleo Kitchen
- Paleo Steve
- Steve is a Paleo eating CrossFitter who posts his recipes on this blog. This is where my Paleo Cookies and Banana Walnut Paleo Muffins come from. I’ve also tried the Paleo Shepherds Pie and was very impressed
- Paleolithic Diet Page
- There are more recipes on this site than you can poke a stick (or your spear) at!
- Living Paleo
- Eat Paleo Recipes for Homo Sapiens
- The Son of Grok Son of a Primal Man Living in a Modern World
- Paleo Diet Meals Easy Paleo Recipes Paleo Food Recipes – Boost your energy with these delicious Paleo diet recipes breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, desserts