DT

Thursday 18.12.14

DT

5 rounds for time:

• 12 deadlifts @ 70/50kg
  • 9 hang power cleans @ 70/50kg
  • 6 push-jerks @ 70/50kg

FF Weights: 40/25kg – but we really want you to pick a weight that will be challenging (there’s a 20 min cap)

Post loads, times and training notes to comments.

Coach B

Coach and Owner of Adapt CrossFit

OK, so if I’m honest, I was a little intimidated by this one. That’s because of my infamous hamstrings (just starting to recover) and that 70kg hang cleans are just a little heavy.
    Tried to guesstimate from what the 5:30 guys did, and then erred on the side of hamstring care, and went for 50kg. Finished in 9:40 I think. I am happy with that, but I hope that by the time this comes up again I can go for at least 60kg (or RX even) and make the most of the longer time cap.

And, while I do like to pay out the little fella, I’ve got to acknowledge Ewen’s effort at Josh yesterday. 6:04 was enough to dispace Sascha from the top spot on the board. For newer Adapt members, to put that into context, Sascha just won the men’s division at Smash Clash. Can’t wait til Ewen’s old enough to compete in Smash Clash (or other upcoming events).

Nice work Ewen. That is fabulous work!!
    11:36 (I think) at 40kg. Thought about RX due to the fact I could have ‘done a Bradbury’ and made the board (only because the board was empty), but glad I didn’t as 40kg was not so smooth sailing.
    Happy to have that one over with.
    Great to have Coach Karl this morning!

Well everything post Josh is not working as intended. My forearms are smoked, legs are a little jelly and my hands were torn (But I kept going yesterday because my mind is stronger than my skin – which is really not that strong, that’s how weak my skin is).

Being a bit broken I did 60kg and finished in 12:23 – Ben was coaching me through the rounds and I managed to do negative splits from Rd 3 onwards once I got into the swing of things.

Catching the jerk was very painful on the torn hands, but glad to keep to sets of 6 for them, cleans started breaking from Rd 3 onwards. Good work 10amers!

• I didnt go RX today due to some niggling issues with my shoulder and back, but I took a crack at it @60kg and polished it off in 10:23.
    DT was the first hero wod I ever attempted, over 18 months ago. I didn’t get through 2 rounds in 15 minutes… scaled to 50kg. Keep being consistent and results will come.

Wasn’t feeling the best with how I went this morning (it has been a hard week and the cleans gassed me a lot) but after reading James’ comment I decided to hunt down my results from last time. Pretty stocked to see that 18 months ago I didn’t make it through 2 rounds at 35kg and today I got 5 rounds in under 15 mins (14.35?) also at 35kg. Yay. Sometimes it is good to look back and see how far you have come.

• Cindyd says:

I hurt my foot on Tuesday (yes another injury FML) so I decided to go light weight until I see the Sports Dr tomorrow, I was concerned going heavier would be tough on my foot during Shoulder 2 overhead.

7:03 @30kg. I haven’t done DT for just over 12 months and I feel bad that I didn’t do this at a heavier weight, I felt like a fraud because last time I did it, I lost the will to live by the 3rd round. This time I followed Coach Craig’s strategy and enjoyed it.

So awesome watching some of the girls go Rx…Tahni, Kenny & Tessa…all beasts, very impressive.

Did josh before since i missed out yesterday and finished in 11:16

Felt smashed so just worked at 50kg and mucked around just beat kenny behind me finishing at 12:32 then tahni destroyed my time was awesome to watch

First time in a long time that I have felt absolutely destroyed by a WOD.
    Went 50kg Rx and by the end of the first round i already knew it was going to be really really rough. Thanks everybody for cheering me on at the end. Finished at 18:22 (I think – too gassed to check properly).
    I feel like it would have been easier if my technique was a bit cleaner under fatigue, as the first round was easy done under 2 mins, but it was drastically downhill from there and the last couple of rounds was just me wrenching the bar around willy nilly.